Basically, I've got the opportunity to get a Bugera 333 212 for £250 brand new. I'd like to know if this is a worthwhile buy for me.

I mainly play metal, quite a lot of melodeth and I tend to go for a very high mid kind of sound. Some bands that I like are Children of Bodom, Wintersun, Bloodbath, Soulfallen, Emperor and Ensiferum, would this amp be a good choice for those styles?

Are there any common technical issues I should know about with the amp? I'm hoping to gig with it in the near future but will also be doing a lot of bedroom practise.

My current gear:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V with a Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-1 in the bridge.
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost.
Marshall MG15DFX.

My financial situation means that it's probably not wise to buy this right now but I do need a new amp and I don't want to miss out on this if it's a good buy. Any thoughts?
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
I had one, it sounded great but broke within four days, the replacement broke within half an hour of me turning it on. It's also very noisy. If wherever you're getting it from allows returns then give it a go, sure, but I had a very long, drawn-out process with thomann.de in order to get my money back after I pointed out that the thing they had sold me was a piece of shit.

And as a side note, before I got the amp I saw horror stories like mine about this very amp and thought "yeah but mine wont be like that", I don't wanna sound like a dick but it probably will
As long as it was made after 09 the clip melting issue has been solved. It is a great sounding amp, I have the head version and it has worked with no problems since March '10 when I bought it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by nigeltheginger
I had one, it sounded great but broke within four days, the replacement broke within half an hour of me turning it on. It's also very noisy. If wherever you're getting it from allows returns then give it a go, sure, but I had a very long, drawn-out process with thomann.de in order to get my money back after I pointed out that the thing they had sold me was a piece of shit.

And as a side note, before I got the amp I saw horror stories like mine about this very amp and thought "yeah but mine wont be like that", I don't wanna sound like a dick but it probably will

They have since resolved the issues it was having, but it's not the best it can be out the box.

I personally wouldn't consider the 2x12 version, but if it's cheaper than a 1x12 option, then sure, go for it. But it will be really heavy.

That aside, a speaker swap is always a good idea, but it will be costly, as well as replacing the junk t00bz they come with.

A 1x12 would do gigs just fine, and be a bit more suitable for bedroom practice AND carrying it around AND upgrading the speaker AND save you money to replace the tubes.

Just a thought.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
They have since resolved the issues it was having, but it's not the best it can be out the box.

I personally wouldn't consider the 2x12 version, but if it's cheaper than a 1x12 option, then sure, go for it. But it will be really heavy.

That aside, a speaker swap is always a good idea, but it will be costly, as well as replacing the junk t00bz they come with.

A 1x12 would do gigs just fine, and be a bit more suitable for bedroom practice AND carrying it around AND upgrading the speaker AND save you money to replace the tubes.

Just a thought.

They don't make a 1x12 version only a 2x12 and head version.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
They don't make a 1x12 version only a 2x12 and head version.

I figured as much.

Crafty Behringer people.

I'm personally waiting for the Bugera Sherbert before I buy one.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Weight and such isn't much of an issue, it's going to be a faff to transport no matter what.
I'm getting it from someone I know, he's somehow ended up with two and wants to sell one along. If things go wrong, I'm on my own with it.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
Weight and such isn't much of an issue, it's going to be a faff to transport no matter what.
I'm getting it from someone I know, he's somehow ended up with two and wants to sell one along. If things go wrong, I'm on my own with it.

Well so long as you have fire insurance for your home, and you're willing to risk having no warranty on a high risk product, by all means go ahead.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Well so long as you have fire insurance for your home, and you're willing to risk having no warranty on a high risk product, by all means go ahead.

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie

It's always a risk, whether you buy new or used, from brand name or those with no business ethics.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty

It's always a risk, whether you buy new or used, from brand name or those with no business ethics.

I thought all of Bugera's issues have been resolved?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I thought all of Bugera's issues have been resolved?

No no, I'm saying that whether the TS decides to go with Bugera or Mesa or Orange or whatever, buying new will provide that insurance, but the risk will still be there.

On the other hand, when buying used he'll always have to contend with the possibility that if the amp breaks, he'll have to absorb the cost of repairs / replacement etc. This risk is very real, as he's buying it USED from a friend. Not sure how transferable the warranty will be.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
They have been. It's just social snobery to say things like that. Play the Bugera. If you like it, get it. I assure you it will be a million times better than the marshall you play now. Don't listen to the Bugera sucks bandwagon. I have had on for around 2 years now. You just need to know how to treat a tube amp. No going crazy dropping it down stairs or throwing in the back of a pickup truck. Tubes break in the most expensive amps.