Page 1 of 4
So, as technology progresses, it isnt hard to imagine that scientists will be able to reverse engineer the human brain and eventually be able to create true AI.

When this occurs, if robots with feelings, personalities and thoughts are created, do we consider them humans and give them equal rights as everyone else?

e/ Clarification: A robot with a truely reverse engineered brain with equal personality and thoughts to other humans.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by smb
We don't give chimps or dolphins human rights.

they would have true AI with thoughts identical to humans as their processor will be a reverse engineered brain.

this isnt a dolphin or chimp robot.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
three words... **** that shit...
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
they would have true AI with thoughts identical to humans as their processor will be a reverse engineered brain.

this isnt a dolphin or chimp robot.
I'm not saying it's a dolphin or chimp robot. I'm saying we don't hand out rights based on intelligence. We don't treat retarded people as animals
Would I consider them human? No, because they wouldn't be homo sapiens. Would I consider them people? Sure, after a bit of skepticism over their intelligence probably.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Jul 3, 2011,
Robots are not alive, so no.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I don't think technology will ever be able to progress to that level.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by homeless-john
Why would scientists do that?

If they are at any point able to, they will.

I agree with the "no" side of the argument.
no
I would call it non human and make it feel like shit
scientific experiment: can I drive a robot to suicide?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
until they revolt me might as well keep them as tools/slaves. ever read or see i, robot or battlestar galactica? it wont be long before they demand equal rights anyways.
My sig? Nice.
They should all be arrested and executed as well as whoever designs/engineers/builds them. True AI should not exist.
Sure, then we can elect them into the government!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
What if they aren't humanoid? Like if that hypothetical true AI was put into something that looked more like this?

Quote by dudetheman

robosapians. hopefully that term hasn't been used yet cause i just thought of it.

but in all honesty there would probably be a huge human/robo sapian right debate going and most likely it would divide the 2 species until 1 tries to overtake the other (presumable robots), sparking all out war. prompting the robots to try and create a nuclear Holocaust. fortunately some humans survive and form a resistance. the robots cant themselves stop the resistance, so they create some sort of improbable time machine in attempt to stop the mother of the resistance leader from giving birth to the one man that can save the human race.

catch phase hilarity ensured.
Humans =/= AI Robot

an Artificial Intelligence Robot is just that. Artificial.

but I think there was a thread like this a while ago
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by smb
I'm not saying it's a dolphin or chimp robot. I'm saying we don't hand out rights based on intelligence. We don't treat retarded people as animals
That just blew my mind.

I think that if true AI is ever invented, they'd be a complete paradigm shift in the way we hand out rights. ie: animals would no longer be treated like "animals", because we'd have a new respect for intelligence.
Last edited by psyks at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Most_Triumphant
I don't think technology will ever be able to progress to that level.

they will be more brilliant them humans in no time.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/02/roboearth-teaches-robots-to-learn-from-peers-pour-european-frui/

they are creating an internet that is robot-only that once a technique (say cooking an egg without breaking the yolk) is learnt, it posts it on the robot internet, and all other robots instantly can now properly cook an egg without breaking the yolk.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Marshmelllow
robosapians. hopefully that term hasn't been used yet cause i just thought of it.

but in all honesty there would probably be a huge human/robo sapian right debate going and most likely it would divide the 2 species until 1 tries to overtake the other (presumable robots), sparking all out war. prompting the robots to try and create a nuclear Holocaust. fortunately some humans survive and form a resistance. the robots cant themselves stop the resistance, so they create some sort of improbable time machine in attempt to stop the mother of the resistance leader from giving birth to the one man that can save the human race.

catch phase hilarity ensured.

Sorry, you didn't come up with robo sapiens. It's been used for a brand of toys, a book, and I think Futurama said it a few times.
Quote by dudetheman

There's a good Twilight Zone about this. Guy lives in a deserted "prison planet" with only a robot named Alicia for company. They fall in love. Prison employee shows up and says the prison planet program's being shut down and they're going back to Earth, but there's no room for Alicia on the ship. First guy doesn't want to leave her so the second guy just shoots her.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Sorry, you didn't come up with robo sapiens. It's been used for a brand of toys, a book, and I think Futurama said it a few times.

damn. also futurama used robo-sexuals, not robo-sapians. i think :/
Quote by Marshmelllow
damn. also futurama used robo-sexuals, not robo-sapians. i think :/

Ah yes, I believe you're right.
Quote by dudetheman

also consider the fact that they would almost assuredly be able to connect to the internet, being machines themselved, i would imagine. AI robots feeling unequal with basically a hive mind. i dont think that AI is smart at all.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by due 07
What a strange question. Why would scientists do that, though?

they wouldn't go to the effort of creating a conscious being. there are all sorts of moral quandaries that are raised. especially religious ones. do we, as humans, have the right to be gods, what is life or what can be defined as life?

and besides, i cant imagine robots advancing further than a sex droid.
not human but i think they should get equal right ...in fact if your smart enought to explain why you should have equal right you shold be allowed to have them unless lost because of crime etc.

what im saying is that it owuld be pretty cool to have a robot freinds/gf/****buddy/pinball machine
Quote by Marshmelllow
they wouldn't go to the effort of creating a conscious being. there are all sorts of moral quandaries that are raised. especially religious ones.

Scientists have been ****ing off religious people forever. Life is experimented on every day in thousands of labs.
I doubt we will ever have a fully reverse-engineered brain, at least not for a few hundred years. There is so damn much we don't understand about our brains that contemplating its mechanics makes us seem like cave-people in contrast.

I'm sure we will have artificial intelligence before then, but it wouldn't function quite like human intelligence. It would be a much more binary and logic-driven sort of consciousness. I'm sure that whether or not we should consider them "alive" or a "life form" would be a hot political issue.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 3, 2011,
OP called the beings robots, not humans. The last time I checked human = human and robot does not = human.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by mtshark
OP called the beings robots, not humans. The last time I checked human = human and robot does not = human.

Where do you draw the line?

How human would you have to make it?
Would I consider them human? No, because they wouldn't be homo sapiens. Would I consider them people? Sure, after a bit of skepticism over their intelligence probably.

this, they same we i would consider extra terrestrials of comparable intelligence to us people but not human.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Human? No. Should they have all the same rights as a human? Yes.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Page 1 of 4