Hi,

I'd like to introduce to you some blues background (well maybe it's more blues-rock) I made for vocal, but as I don't sing and have no vocalist to do it, I put it like this. Probably I could add more licks here and there, though in my opinion it would sound silly, if licks were coming out of nowhere without any vocal, so I added them where I think they fit. Please tell me what you think and check my other songs if you want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSctgLK2sHk

Cheers
Last edited by Michael87 at Jul 3, 2011,
Hey man this one is ****ing brilliant. You've got skill and your phrasing is pretty well done. The composition was simple but effective, I have to say that I love everything about this recording, I've got no critiques except maybe the mixing could be just a bit better, maybe bring the bass up in the mix by just a little. That's my two cents anyways LOVE IT. KEEP IT UP. THANKS FOR THE CRIT!!
Quote by inyourgirlagain
Hey man this one is ****ing brilliant. You've got skill and your phrasing is pretty well done. The composition was simple but effective, I have to say that I love everything about this recording, I've got no critiques except maybe the mixing could be just a bit better, maybe bring the bass up in the mix by just a little. That's my two cents anyways LOVE IT. KEEP IT UP. THANKS FOR THE CRIT!!

Thanks Yeah my mixes are not the best, I mix on headphones... Besides my recording equipment it's rather cheap (Pod Studio UX-2), so I kinda can't expect too much, but at least it's not so bad

Cheers
sounds really good, quality is pretty good, only advice is dont pan the stuff so hard left and right. over all rlly good, add a video or something to watch along wiht it tho, love it!
Quote by j1o1s1h1b1
sounds really good, quality is pretty good, only advice is dont pan the stuff so hard left and right. over all rlly good, add a video or something to watch along wiht it tho, love it!

Thanks for the critique
I don't have a problem with the panning. It takes getting used to, but I forgot it was even there after about a minute of listening.

You've got a great sense of rhythm and your guitar work never gets boring.

The guitar tone is great, but I felt that if got too muddy when went anywhere below the top three strings on your guitar, which happens pretty frequently. I really wish I could have heard more screaming guitar licks higher up on the fretboard.

Hope this helps

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469290
Michael87,
Thanks for the review! I am now listening to "Some Blues Background". Everything sounds pretty good to me! Can't really find much to complain about with this song. Some vocals wouldn't hurt, but not crucial to have them in this song. Good job!
Great rythm!
It's definitely a good tune to sing into...
hope you get a nice vocalist to fit those melodies...

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by AeolianInvasion
I don't have a problem with the panning. It takes getting used to, but I forgot it was even there after about a minute of listening.

You've got a great sense of rhythm and your guitar work never gets boring.

The guitar tone is great, but I felt that if got too muddy when went anywhere below the top three strings on your guitar, which happens pretty frequently. I really wish I could have heard more screaming guitar licks higher up on the fretboard.

Hope this helps

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469290

Quote by aaron aardvark
Michael87,
Thanks for the review! I am now listening to "Some Blues Background". Everything sounds pretty good to me! Can't really find much to complain about with this song. Some vocals wouldn't hurt, but not crucial to have them in this song. Good job!

Quote by MrArarat
Great rythm!
It's definitely a good tune to sing into...
hope you get a nice vocalist to fit those melodies...

Thanks guys for the review