How good is the Jet City distortion? Will it give me a good marshall crunch, or perhaps a little bit higher. I've got a a Fender Blues Jr. and its aaalllmosst there for the distortion but its just not quite enough.

So now I'm thinking I could run a two amp set up and run my Fender Blues Jr. as a clean amp/light distortion/Big Muff amp and then have the Jet City to be my hard rock/marshall crunch amp. So will the Jet City be good for that kind of thing?
Wait, you're talking about the Jet City amps, or the Jet City distortion pedal?
I've played 2 Jet City heads(a 20-watt 1-channel and a 50-watt 2-channel, they were both more square-shaped than a normal-shaped rectangular head), and they were both really nice amps for the price, sounded like a JCM800 IMO. I honestly think they're probably the nicest Marshally amps out there for the price.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Apollo1449
How good is the Jet City distortion? Will it give me a good marshall crunch, or perhaps a little bit higher. I've got a a Fender Blues Jr. and its aaalllmosst there for the distortion but its just not quite enough.

So now I'm thinking I could run a two amp set up and run my Fender Blues Jr. as a clean amp/light distortion/Big Muff amp and then have the Jet City to be my hard rock/marshall crunch amp. So will the Jet City be good for that kind of thing?

well Jet City is based on Soldano amps..so the crunch will be there. it just depends on what you want. the JCA 20 would probably go good with your blues jr.

how much gain are you looking for?
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
well Jet City is based on Soldano amps..so the crunch will be there. it just depends on what you want. the JCA 20 would probably go good with your blues jr.

how much gain are you looking for?

Well my band plays a variety of stuff from RHCP cleans/light distortion to hard rock ac/dc and other. So I figure set up the blues jr to clean and then run my bad monkey for light distortion and my big muff for solos and then have the JCA for my straight up hard rock sound and switch via A/B box
You're looking into running the almost same setup I now currently run. I have an AC15 running with my 20W JC head. Both sound great and its really awesome when I can go to the great cleans of the AC to the great distortion sounds of the Jet City. I would suggest either buying an A/B/Y or making one yourself. Thats what I do. Its a really nice setup.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
You're looking into running the almost same setup I now currently run. I have an AC15 running with my 20W JC head. Both sound great and its really awesome when I can go to the great cleans of the AC to the great distortion sounds of the Jet City. I would suggest either buying an A/B/Y or making one yourself. Thats what I do. Its a really nice setup.

Yeah man that's the one, I've got an a/b box already so I'm all set I was just wondering if the JCA's distortion was good enough to run this kind of set up and it sounds like it's a good thing
Quote by Apollo1449
Yeah man that's the one, I've got an a/b box already so I'm all set I was just wondering if the JCA's distortion was good enough to run this kind of set up and it sounds like it's a good thing

Certainly. Its got lots of gain on tap, and with your Bad Monkey and Muff you can boost it even more if your playing hard metal. But You will be able to get away with the gain on it if your playing AC/DC and stuff. Easily.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Apollo1449
Well my band plays a variety of stuff from RHCP cleans/light distortion to hard rock ac/dc and other. So I figure set up the blues jr to clean and then run my bad monkey for light distortion and my big muff for solos and then have the JCA for my straight up hard rock sound and switch via A/B box

yea, it would suit you pretty well, man. with that Bad Monkey, you will have a really versatile set up. if you do go for the Jet City, enjoy it man. your going to get some great tones.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
yea, it would suit you pretty well, man. with that Bad Monkey, you will have a really versatile set up. if you do go for the Jet City, enjoy it man. your going to get some great tones.

Thanks man I plan on it soon. Paycheck comes this Friday and I've got a bugera v22 to trade in if I can try to trick the GC into taking a semi working amp so hopefully it'll be a NAD this Friday or soon