Page 1 of 3
Considering I haven't found a thread on backorders yet, anyone know why Gibson's been back-up so much lately? I ordered a Gibson Explorer during the beginning of May hoping it'd ship in just in time for my birthday; however I kept getting back-order notifications via emails telling me it's going to be shipped in the next week. It was fine and I didn't mind until I received my fourth notification telling me Gibson will need an extra month for it to be built. I called up Guitar Center since I ordered it from their website, and they told me it's going to be shipped in August 17th when I called Mid-June, and I called up yesterday telling me it's going to be shipped in August 24th. Anyone know what's causing the backorder? Anyone know what I could do to expedite the shipment of my guitar? Anyone know how much longer the guitar is going to be backordered/ what is the probability the guitar shipment is going to be backordered again? I'm going crazy out of anxiety, and I was supposed to enjoy it over the course of my college break. Unfortunately, if the guitar does ship in late August, I might have to move back in-state, since I'm moving out back to college, just to pick it up. It's definitely an inconvenience, but I don't want to be a nuisance to Gibson themselves considering I want them to do a good job on the guitar in the first place Anyhow, I've been saving up for this guitar for 4 years, and I can't wait for it to ship in. Thanks for reading.
say if they don't pull their fingers out you're disowning them and switching to ibanez.
Well last year they had a flood that destroyed their factory and now they are a few months behind schedule.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Didn't Gibson recently get sued over using illegal exotic woods? Maybe that's part of the problem.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
You're getting it made just before it's shipped to you?!
Hell, I could wait 4 months for that.

I'm....not sure. I just assumed that was the case?
Quote by samick007
Didn't Gibson recently get sued over using illegal exotic woods? Maybe that's part of the problem.

Gah, that's only going to make my Gibson Explorer that much more sexier.
Last edited by MikeKski at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Pat_s1t
I actually didn't read the OP because of lack or paragraphs.

;_;
It's my first post, so can it be exempt of all the mannerisms customary to ultimate-guitar?
Quote by MikeKski
I'm....not sure. I just assumed that was the case?

Well it takes them a few weeks to make a guitar, and then they keep them in stock for a while, my Les Paul took 3 months to go from being built to being in my hands.
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by MikeKski
;_;
It's my first post, so can it be exempt of all the mannerisms customary to ultimate-guitar?

Well if you write college papers like that i think we can
\
_\,,
"-=\~ _
\\~___( ~
_|/---\\_
\ \
I still had no problem reading that cluster**** of sentences.
If you're gonna reply being a little bitch about the lack of paragraphs, then why not use that effort to just read it.
you bunchacunts
Quote by MikeKski
;_;
It's my first post, so can it be exempt of all the mannerisms customary to second grade english?

what does that have to do with being your first post?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by MikeKski
;_;
I don't mean to be rude bro, but paragraphs are pretty standard in any kind of writing. Welcome to UG though!
Quote by Slayer88
If you're gonna reply being a little bitch about the lack of paragraphs, then why not use that effort to just read it.
you bunchacunts

Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Unicorns
Well if you write college papers like that i think we can

Who says you have to show grammar and punctuation outside of school.

But yeah, it's prolly cause Gibson is rebuilding their factory, and they hand build all their guitars.
Quote by I am wet
Well it takes them a few weeks to make a guitar, and then they keep them in stock for a while, my Les Paul took 3 months to go from being built to being in my hands.

It's not that I complained profusely to the people at Guitar Center, I just called them twice politely asking about the shipment status. They updated it to over-night shipping for free once they found out how long I've waited for the guitar to get here. So I'm hoping it won't take an extra 3 months? God, that'd be a nightmare...
Quote by JimmyBanks6
what does that have to do with being your first post?

Considering I haven't really browsed around this forum as much as I have on others, I wasn't aware of how much people here care about paragraphing. Next time, I'll be sure to make an attempt at keeping my grammatical dignity and use paragraphs.
Quote by MikeKski
It's not that I complained profusely to the people at Guitar Center, I just called them twice politely asking about the shipment status. They updated it to over-night shipping for free once they found out how long I've waited for the guitar to get here. So I'm hoping it won't take an extra 3 months? God, that'd be a nightmare...

instead buy a used one and get a refund, youll save boatloads of money
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Pat_s1t
I don't mean to be rude bro, but paragraphs are pretty standard in any kind of writing. Welcome to UG though!

thanks bro!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Who says you have to show grammar and punctuation outside of school.

But yeah, it's prolly cause Gibson is rebuilding their factory, and they hand build all their guitars.

No one says that, but people do because using improper grammar makes you look stupid. It's not a matter of whether you have to, it's a matter of you look less dumb if your grammar is correct.

Also gibson does little handwork any more.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
instead buy a used one and get a refund, youll save boatloads of money

I actually bought my first one used, and one of the major reasons I want an Explorer is because of its reputed low string-to-neck action. The used one had mile-high strings, I had it set up multiple times, the repair man told me the neck was bent, gave up on it, asked for a refund, and ordered a new one.
Quote by oneblackened
No one says that, but people do because using improper grammar makes you look stupid. It's not a matter of whether you have to, it's a matter of you look less dumb if your grammar is correct.

Les Pauls are hand made, that I do know, because everyone thinks that Gibson's quality control got bad, no, hand made guitars are not consistent like say PRS's, so people feel the inconsistencies and think they are crap.
Quote by oneblackened

Indubitably; proper grammar could make an idiot look educated.
And that sucks; at least my Gibson's going to be made out of some illegal exotic wood. *evil sarcastic tone of voice and smile*
Well, back to the original question; Does anyone have any practical advice on how to expedite the shipping process of my Gibson Explorer? I've waited 4 years to save up for it; and I don't want to wait another 4 months.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Les Pauls are hand made, that I do know, because everyone thinks that Gibson's quality control got bad, no, hand made guitars are not consistent like say PRS's, so people feel the inconsistencies and think they are crap.

...no, the QC issues are not because they're hand made, it's because the general quality of the guitars has gone downhill. Hardware wise they're fine, but it's the sloppy setup and nut work that gives them so many as far as quality goes. Oh, and the fact that I saw a brand new LP studio that had a green stain on it. It was a snow white guitar. That is not what I call good quality control.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
...no, the QC issues are not because they're hand made, it's because the general quality of the guitars has gone downhill. Hardware wise they're fine, but it's the sloppy setup and nut work that gives them so many as far as quality goes. Oh, and the fact that I saw a brand new LP studio that had a green stain on it. It was a snow white guitar. That is not what I call good quality control.

cool, but how can I get the guitar to ship in faster? o_O
Quote by Seth Shadows
Uh, Go with a more reliable company.

Like ESP.

Thanks.

ESP over Gibson? You're kidding. Right?
Backorders? What you really need is a new amp!!!

Welcome to UG
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
tl;dr

tl;dr? Fine, wouldn't expect intelligent advice from a Knucklehead in the first place.
Quote by oneblackened

That was a studio and not a Les Paul Standard. I'm just repeating what the more experts of UG have told me. If I'm wrong, not my fault.
Quote by mtshark
Backorders? What you really need is a new amp!!!

Welcome to UG

Nah, I'm set with my amp (Line Six Spider III) Haters going to hate.
And i'm a college student so I'm a little short on cash, besides, I've waited 4 years for this guitar, I'm not going to let it leave my hands >

And thanks bro!
^ I am gonna hate
Quote by KG6_Steven
ESP over Gibson? You're kidding. Right?
ESP is a pretty reputable company, and make awesome guitars for a lower price than Gibson. He really could get an ESP Eclipse I or even an EC-1000T for a much lower price, albeit with the EC-1000T the wood quality might not be as great as a Gibsons. Give the guitar a few knocks all around to look for deadspots, and if there are none you've got a pretty solid guitar that looks, sounds and feels a lot like a Gibson.

Not saying he should get an ESP, just saying that the suggestion isn't as absurd as you think.
Quote by Pat_s1t
^ I am gonna hate ESP is a pretty reputable company, and make awesome guitars for a lower price than Gibson. He really could get an ESP Eclipse I or even an EC-1000T for a much lower price, albeit with the EC-1000T the wood quality might not be as great as a Gibsons. Give the guitar a few knocks all around to look for deadspots, and if there are none you've got a pretty solid guitar that looks, sounds and feels a lot like a Gibson.

Not saying he should get an ESP, just saying that the suggestion isn't as absurd as you think.

either way, I've been saving up for 4 years for this guitar. It'll really mean a lot to me; sentimentality-wise and fund-wise, and I don't want to cut corners or take short cuts for something I've been saving up for so long. The first reason I wanted a Gibson Explorer was because it had low action and I was at that point where I thought sweeps and arpeggios meant everything.

Then I liked it for the tone. Then I found out Brendan Small actually uses the guitar for recordings and doesn't just use it as a cutesy guitar mascot for his tv show, and a bunch of other musicians that I like use it. So I don't know; I've been hell-bent on it for quite a while and I just want it to be shipped in on a regular schedule. Thought it'd be a clever idea if I were to ask you virtuoso's if there was any way I could get the guitar to ship faster.
Last edited by MikeKski at Jul 3, 2011,
Call some local stores and see if they have any in stock.
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by I am wet
Call some local stores and see if they have any in stock.

They don't have any. ;_;
Quote by Seth Shadows
Uh, Go with a more reliable company.

Like ESP.

Thanks.

That's a good joke
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by MikeKski
;_;

I feel bad now Especially after seeing how well you write. But the rules of the pit are clear. "If this is your first thread, you have to get flamed."

Quote by Slayer88
you bunchacunts

I'm not even going to point out the irony
Page 1 of 3