On my Ibanez RG350, Ive noticed that the volume that comes out of the neck pickup is maybe 50 percent louder than the bridge pickup. Is this normal? The bridge pickup is a Dimarzio that I had installed ages ago. I used to use the bridge pickup 100 percent of the time, but have recently started using both, and have now noticed the difference.

The neck pickup is a stock Ibanez humbucker. The guitar was manufactured in 1991. The Dimarzio bridge pickup is from the same era and was installed around the same time.

The guitar has been in a case forever but Ive recently started playing again.

Both pickups sound fantastic...its just the volume thing I have noticed...so yep... as asked above...is the volume difference normal?
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
The DiMarzio you installed prolly has a higher output than the stock neck pickup, which would account for the massive volume difference. This is why it's not recommended to mix vastly different output pickups, cause the volume difference can be annoying.
Lower the louder pickup (physically, with the side screws) until they are the same volume.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
When you do adjust height to balance volume, make sure all tone and volume controls are the same, full or half way. Then switch back and forth between the pickups, adjusting heights as required untill volumes between front and rear match. Good luck.
Thanks guys! It was the height. I hadnt noticed that there was a pretty big difference. You guys and this site rock!
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.