So, some of you guys may remember this thread a few months ago:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428771

Well, we played that show, and it went really well. We had been asked to pre-sale 40 tickets, and actually managed to sell 50, so the promoter was really happy with us. So happy in fact, that just a few days ago, he called me, offering to set us up opening with another big show- Animals as Leaders, Intronaut, Dead Letter Circus, Last Chance to Reason, and Evan Brewer.

There's only one problem. We're located in Raleigh, North Carolina, and this show is in Greensboro, which is another city about an hour and a half away. We took the show, but we're still expected to presale 40-50 tickets. We've also never played in Greensboro, but are friends with a few bands from that area.

Has anyone else ever had an experience like this? Any tips for selling tickets in another city? Anyone want a ticket ?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
contact music stores and ask if you can put a flyer up with an email address or website.

also i'd buy a ticket just to see Animals as Leaders, if i wasn't halfway across the world.
Quote by Yayo.Eric
go to any and all shows between now and then in that area, bring the tickets and hand outs for that show, promote it there.

This.

It's also REALLY fun.
Poop.

Yes, poop.