I normally play 10s on a 25.5 inch guitar in E. what size strings should I get for a 27 inch guitar tuned to B standard.

this is the guitar btw part of me wants to put a set of emgs in there for teh lulz.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Jul 3, 2011,
15. sweet guitar though, looks unique without being a crazy ass shape
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I forget what gauge they are (for some reason, I always think of gauge in terms of the lowest string, in whihc case they're .68s), but Elixir make an *awesome* baritone set. Like, that's what they're called. Look them up.

Before I discovered them, I used to use the Zakk Wylde GHS Lo set, and generally sub out what they ,18p G for a .24w D, and use the G for the B, and the B for the E. It ends up with a fairly beefy top, though, so it can be a bit taxing on the fingers, but in B-standard tuning it should be fine.

I've used them both to tune to D-standard, and finally C-standard. Never enjoyed the sound of B, though, don't know why.

Hope that helps.
i thought a baritone guitar was designed so you could play in b standard but still use normal gauge strings?
In theory, the longer the scale, the higher the string tension for any given open string of the same tuning.10's on a 27 inch scale should be a fair bit more taught than on a Strat, & more again than a Les Paul.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Is that a teisco? :3

yes it is, its a 64 tiesco vn 4
Quote by anguskilminster
In theory, the longer the scale, the higher the string tension for any given open string of the same tuning.10's on a 27 inch scale should be a fair bit more taught than on a Strat, & more again than a Les Paul.

they might be 9s. but they are really loose on this thing in e standard.
no sir away a papaya war is on