Well seeing how I'm getting sick of my Squier, I want to make my first "big" upgrade to a better guitar. Now the scale doesn't matter but I would prefer it be under 25.5'' (its okay if its 25.5, but don't omit the smaller scales is my point. I've found love from a Telecaster to a Mustang, and there is 1.5 inches difference between them.

- Certainly nothing higher than $800
- Single-Coil only (I'll most likely put in new pups anyway)
- Runs good through distortion
- New or Used
- Post Punk (Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr, Hole, etc.)

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm quite familiar with Fenders, but if theres a particular one that stands out, feel free.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
May I ask why you only want single coils? An HSS strat would offer more versatility.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
May I ask why you only want single coils? An HSS strat would offer more versatility.

Not that I'm not a fan of them (But I do like Singles better) I'd probably get a Les Paul if that was the case.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
You might just want to get an MIA strat. would be a huge upgrade from your squire but would retain familiarity.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

second the DiPinto Galaxie 4 Electric Guitar. those have a very cool vibe