Im looking on Warmoth and the Satin Nitro costs an extra $65. I've only played guitars with finished necks. I'm considering not getting it finished. If getting the finish is better, I have no problem paying the extra money or doing it my self. But how does an unfinished neck feel? Any advantages to it? Disadvantages?

Thanks.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Finished necks can get sticky, unfinished necks generally don't. But finished ones look nicer.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Finished necks can get sticky, unfinished necks generally don't. But finished ones look nicer.

I've never had that problem with finished necks.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
glossed necks to me feel very smooth if done right. raw necks can be smooth too. it's a matter of preference really.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

^Depends what wood the neck is.
Maple gets dirty pretty easily, and its hard to get it clean again.

Its dead easy to put an oil finish on a neck yourself, its a simple as putting some oil (tru oil or tung oil) on a cloth and wiping the neck. Leave it for a day between coats, and put about 4-5 coats and you'll have a smooth neck, and the oil is adequate protection too.
Quote by littlephil

Its dead easy to put an oil finish on a neck yourself, its a simple as putting some oil (tru oil or tung oil) on a cloth and wiping the neck. Leave it for a day between coats, and put about 4-5 coats and you'll have a smooth neck, and the oil is adequate protection too.

THIS

I personally couldn't get use to the feel of an unfinished neck and ended up lacquering it after about 2 months
Also if you dont get the neck finished you dont get a warranty from warmoth since it's prone to warping etc much easier.