I have a few pedals now and only one power adapter, It is a zoom pedal adapter and it is only the standard 9v but there is a daisy chain that says it works with 9v (I dont get how it would turn 9v into 9v for 5 pedals)
----->here-----> http://cgi.ebay.com/Danelectro-DA-5-Dan-Electrode-Daisy-Chain-Supply-Cable-/200622757110?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2eb60c54f6

If you hate links its danelectro DA5
It will be 9v to all the pedals the only thing you need to ensure is that say the adapter is 1.2Amps at 9v.

You can use 5 pedals if the amps of the pedals add up to less than 1.2.
Most pedals dont take much amps but then others may take 0.7 or more.

So check what the adapter says which should put under "output" on the label. and then check what the pedals are.

The other thing you must look out for is that the - and + of the power adapter lines up with the pedals also For eg.

If the adapters is + on the outside with a - inside core and you plug it to something with a + core and a - outside well then there may be issues also. (I've never had that happen so im not positive on the outcome)
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
(I dont get how it would turn 9v into 9v for 5 pedals)

it doesn't turn 9v into 45v what it is doing is adding more outputs in parallel with the main output,
each output gives 9v volts from the wall plug, also since not all pedals are the same they will each draw different amounts of current (Amps) so you need to check how much each draws should be written on each pedal somewhere add them up and if they exceed the rated current of the wall plug adapter then you need to get a higher rated one and depending on how well built the adapter is if you exceed the current it will let the smoke out of the adapter some well built ones have current overload protection but the ones that don't will simply blow up.
also remember that there are 1000mA in 1A
Last edited by tobuei at Jul 4, 2011,
Quote by tofuhead
It will be 9v to all the pedals the only thing you need to ensure is that say the adapter is 1.2Amps at 9v.

You can use 5 pedals if the amps of the pedals add up to less than 1.2.
Most pedals dont take much amps but then others may take 0.7 or more.

So check what the adapter says which should put under "output" on the label. and then check what the pedals are.

The other thing you must look out for is that the - and + of the power adapter lines up with the pedals also For eg.

If the adapters is + on the outside with a - inside core and you plug it to something with a + core and a - outside well then there may be issues also. (I've never had that happen so im not positive on the outcome)

Uhm...no.
I'm not aware of any pedals that take that much juice.
Most are well under 100mA (.1A)
Standard wah pedal takes like 4mA (.004A), typical delay takes 60mA (.06A) or so. Although some may go as high as 150mA (.15A). Those usually come with their own adapter though.
Dirt pedals are around 20mA (.02A) or less.
See this site for current draw for several pedals : http://stinkfoot.se/power-list
With 1.2A, you can power around 20 - 30 pedals (Although I would not recommend it).
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 4, 2011,
Well what I found out is that my powercord has 300mA and my zoom pedal takes 300mA so I wouldn't be able to run that but I could do all my standard pedals for now i just have a Dunlop GCB95 wah, the zoom, and a Big Muff Pi, but am planning on more. What is the usual output for a pedal adapter that comes with a pedal? I plan on trading the zoom pedal for something else and I need to know if I could trade the adapter with the pedal or if I would have to keep it because other adapters don't give out enough mA.