Cool man. This is one of my favorite Alice in Chains songs and one of the first songs I ever played live. I dig your playing and your tone although theres too much feedback coming through at times.

Here's a link to my thread if you want to check it out. I'm probably going to be recording some grunge covers for my youtube channel pretty soon.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456708
Cheers bro!
One can NEVER, EVER have to much feedback (onlymypersonalopinionthough!)
Will check your videos out!

Cheers,
TheAscendant
Congrats on your excellent cover (and music taste)

Here's a mall hint tho: the last bunch of chords are wrong (during the "If I could would you" part) -> Jerry actually plays the same chord 5 times:

e-1
B-0
G-2
D-3
A-x
E-1

You use your thumb to play the low E AND mute the A string at the same time (I'm sure you know how to pull that off). I have seen a bunch of different tabs where they claim it's a different chords (like a D7 and stuff), but I've got this one from a Hal Leonard tab book and they're usually really accurate. Supposedly, on the last chord he uses his pinky to turn the 1 on the high e-string into a 3, but you pbbly won't hear the difference since it's so distorted

If you play this acoustically it might seem weird and very out of place, but once you add the gain and play it over the song I promise you'll love it instantly. Seriously: I couldn't think of an ending that's as simple yet satisfying to play as this one, especially if you add some vibrato Cool

Oh and just for the record: it's your cover, so you can play it like you f*cking want. I play it like this but with the high e string left open (making it an 0023x1 instead of 1023x1). Sounds more atonal that way

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by shwilly
Congrats on your excellent cover (and music taste)

Here's a mall hint tho: the last bunch of chords are wrong (during the "If I could would you" part) -> Jerry actually plays the same chord 5 times:

e-1
B-0
G-2
D-3
A-x
E-1

He plays the D7#9 chord in the outro

e-x
B-6
G-5
D-4
A-5
E-x

Some of the solo was incorrect, but other than that it was a solid cover
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
when the Am I wrong part starts.. that first chord isnt an A, its a D.. you should hear that dude
Also in the chorus, there is some stuff going on with the G chord, it's actually a G7maj, with some open high e's here and there
Very nice cover bro. Would? is one of my favorite songs from the 90's for sure and one I've wanted to cover for a while but I can just never get the tone right lol.

Your playing was really solid throughout, no real noticeable mistakes at all. Solo isnt quite the way it is on the record (couple wrong notes) but that's probably just from a bad tab. Overall a really nice cover man, reminded me I havent listened to AIC in a while lol!

If you can I'd really appreciate if you could give some feedback on my cover here -> https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458302
Probably my favourite AIC song You just need to work on picking out a few of the chords a bit better by ear, other than that it's pretty solid so far (about 2:00 in as I type this); my only real problem is that you are using far too much distortion for the style - it sounds kinda messy, even though you're likely playing it quite cleanly, and combined with the poor sound quality of the camera, just detracts from the song. Turn down the gain, and you should be set to go!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Thanks everyone for the tips, i'm always trying to perfect the songs to play, not really perfect to the studio recording but perfect in my eyes. Im performing this with my mate for my year 10 group performance (: i got 3-4 weeks to get it real good and to practice the sh!t outta it. yeah...

Cheers,
TheAscendant