I just performed a string change a couple of days ago and I made a huge mistake because I swapped two strings by accident. Now that won't happen to me again but I want to know sure I'm doing it right to prevent another string change in the near future.
Below is a close-up of two strings that I changed myself.

First, I put the string through the hole of the tuning peg and then I started turning it around to increase the tension. (English is not my first language so pardon me if the explanation is lacking or consists of many grammatical errors.)

Am I changing my strings the right way, or is there perhaps a better way?

Thanks in advance
I think you should have wrapped the string around the tuning peg a bit more. The way you did it, if you try to drop the tuning of some strings to a lower pitch, they might come loose. Just something to remember for next time, it's not really too much of a big deal in my opinion.
Quote by FenderMayer
I think you should have wrapped the string around the tuning peg a bit more. The way you did it, if you try to drop the tuning of some strings to a lower pitch, they might come loose. Just something to remember for next time, it's not really too much of a big deal in my opinion.

So do I need to wrap it around the tuning peg with my hands instead of turning the tuning peg to wind up the string?
There are some really good tutorials on youtube. It's a little bit hard to explain without pictures but basically you want to pull the string through the hole and then bend it sharply upward. When the string starts to wind around the peg it will wrap around the piece you bent up, holding it in place.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712