Hello bass people, I'm usually a lurker at best in these forums and rarely venture into the bass section but figured you might find the following of marginal interest.

As I like modifying/experimenting on things I felt it only right to do so on my old GSR200, which was stripped and sanded down to reveal a crappy body, full of filler and mismatched pieces of wood.

I left it like this for about 5 years (uni, travelling, etc) until a few weeks ago when I decided to try and give it a new lease of life. As it was my first attempt at a repaint I chose a simple colour scheme. Here are the results:

Not exactly the most unique bass out there but I think it looks better than before.

Also installed some new EMGs I had intended to use on another guitar before it was sold. So it's kinda like polishing a turd seeing as the p-ups are around the same price as the whole guitar. Got to find a dummy pot to cover up the spare hole though (unless you guys can recommend something else to stick in there).

I hadn't played a bass in about 3 years until a couple days ago. Feels good to be playing again though plus I'm not as rubbish as I thought I'd be!

If you've got any questions about how I did the bass just ask!

Cheers.
Thanks guys. I'll probably add some new hardware over the next couple of months, getting a new bridge will be a pain though as I'll have to drill new holes.

Quote by Wisthekiller
How'd you get the paintjob to come out that well?

I used a hell of lot of primer, gloss and lacquer. Just make sure its applied evenly in coats. There's about 4 coats of primer, 8 coats of gloss and 10+ coats of lacquer. I think it could probably do with several more coats of lacquer but I can't be bothered waiting another 2 weeks for it to harden.