Okay, I was thinking of writing a song about suicide.
This in no way is a release of any of my own feelings, but in the past I did contemplate it.
The songs I write generally have to mean something to me, for example I'm in the process of completing the recording of a song supporting the It Gets Better Project. They're an organisation that mainly focuses on gay, lesbian, and bisexual teenagers, telling them no matter what they have thrown at them, life will get better. I decided to do that because I've seen how much pain is caused by teenagers when they find out someone's homosexual. Not being gay myself, my best friend is gay and she decided to stop pretending and just be herself, and the pain she's still going through to this day because of everything that's said to her, I just wish I could stop it. So I really am not just doing that for her, but for every person in her position.
Anyway,
I really like helping people with their problems, and suicide is a big one for some people, alot of teenagers really. I help people through my music, because when i needed help that's what was there for me.
So all i'm asking is, how far is too far? Like, should I just write the song hinting that it's about suicide or completely explain what I'm trying to stop?
Thanks in advance (:
Really, when writing, nothing is going too far. The sky is the limit. You can write about whatever you want. For some people, it may be a touchy issue, but in my opinion they shouldn't be so touchy about it. My best friend committed suicide May 1st last year, and I can easily talk about it. Hell I could easily talk about it a week after it was done. Sure I'm different and I coped with it differently, but I'm not going to get pissed at you because you wrote a song.

TLR Do it. Write about whatever you want, don't worry about others.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
Really, when writing, nothing is going too far. The sky is the limit. You can write about whatever you want. For some people, it may be a touchy issue, but in my opinion they shouldn't be so touchy about it. My best friend committed suicide May 1st last year, and I can easily talk about it. Hell I could easily talk about it a week after it was done. Sure I'm different and I coped with it differently, but I'm not going to get pissed at you because you wrote a song.

TLR Do it. Write about whatever you want, don't worry about others.

This. A song about suicide prevention would be nothing short of admirable, in my opinion. You sound like a very caring and noble person, so put all of those qualities into a good song!
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.