What im wondering is for everyone who has a Line 6 Pod HD is how are the stompboxes? I currently have and RP355 and split time playing with the amp models direct through the system and the other portion just using the stompbox playing through my amp. Im quite convinced the Pod has much better amp modeling, but how does it hold up vs. an RP just using the FX through an amp? Thanks for any help. God bless.
I have both an RP1000 and an M5 (same FX as Pod HD). I prefer the FX and stomps on the M5. I would happily upgrade from an RP355 to a Pod HD500.
Thanks for the input. Do you feel the OD on the Pod are alot better than the RP? I find it takes quite a bit of tweeking to end up with a decent lead OD tone from the RP. Also another question, is there anywhere that lists exactly what stompboxes are available in the POD...like what its called in the Pod and what pedal it is modeled after?
Look at the Line 6 site and it has the models listed.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ahh thank you, thats exactly what i was looking for. If anyone else is interested heres the link

http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/data/l/0a06434dc7174ca4b4eb3a01a/application/pdf/POD%20HD%20Model%20Gallery%20(Rev%20B)%20-%20English.pdf

Its got pictures and the names of all the amps and effects and what they are modeled after. Pretty cool resourse.
Yeah the effects and stomp boxes on the rp355 are great, but they are probably better on the m5.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by DG_Griffin
Thanks for the input. Do you feel the OD on the Pod are alot better than the RP?
No, not really. I like the fuzz's on the HD better.

Quote by DG_Griffin
I find it takes quite a bit of tweeking to end up with a decent lead OD tone from the RP.
Well there are other things involved like your amp and guitar that might be hindering getting a good tone. If you are looking for a lead tone that comes from humbuckers and using a strat then you might have to really work to tweak the RP.

The amp is a major part of your sound. Neither of your amps are awe inspiring based on model and specs. You may need to work extra hard getting a good tone out of them.

Quote by DG_Griffin
Also another question, is there anywhere that lists exactly what stompboxes are available in the POD...like what its called in the Pod and what pedal it is modeled after?
Here is for the HD500. The lower models will probably have less.

http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/data/l/0a06434dc7174ca4b4eb3a01a/application/pdf/POD%20HD%20Model%20Gallery%20%28Rev%20B%29%20-%20English.pdf

I like the FX on the HD (M5) better than the RP. But the distortion stomps on both are pretty good. And like I said the M5 fuzz's are IMO better.

Edit: saw you already had the manual.
Last edited by fly135 at Jul 4, 2011,
So would you guys recommend getting a Vox AC15, the last few times at GC ive been playing through one and im in love with it. So would I be better off with that and sticking with the RP for now?
Quote by DG_Griffin
So would you guys recommend getting a Vox AC15, the last few times at GC ive been playing through one and im in love with it. So would I be better off with that and sticking with the RP for now?

If you could get an ac15, it would probably make your rp sound better.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Yeah an amp would do you better than an HD unless you are looking for just recording and playing through monitors.

There are lots of good used amps out there. If you were in Orlando you could buy my Fender Pro Jr for $200. Craigslist has great deals all the time. There was a Peavey Bravo for $125 listed on my CL for a couple weeks before it sold. Heck of a deal on an all tube amp.
Unfourtunately im located in Ohio. The thing is I play in a christian band, while at my church its pretty much 50/50 on if im playing through an amp or direct to the PA...so i basically HAVE to have some sort of amp modeling board...but im really leaning toward getting the AC15 since were touring and most places require amps for the electric guitars...along with a new Martin acoustic (im selling the Gibby). Ill probably end up getting the amp and sticking with the RP for now...heck i may just start playing acoustic when I have to go direct and forget the modeling all together.