I've been working with this song for quite a while now and I think it is time for me to post this here and ask what you guys think. It still needs some small changes imo but they're minor so I will be looking at them some other time.

As always, c4c
Attachments:
hurr.zip
Something about it makes it sound like when guitar pro glitches and play a ridiculous amount of notes.... What genre is it supposed to be?

EDIT: THOSE BLAST BEATS!!! :O

Wonderful outro. Love it.
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Last edited by The Buttmonkey at Jul 4, 2011,
You mean it doesnt work for you?
I have no idea what genre it is nor i have ever figured out any of my songs genres
I have quite a few influences. While making this song I had listened a lot of f.ex. Explosions in the sky, Born of osiris and BTBAM.
Doesnt quite work for me, but I think it's mostly GP being gay with its sounds that keeps me from loving it. I like BOO (I see you do too, haha!) I love BTBAM.
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
First I want to thank you for giving crit for my song 'In the Mouth of Madness'.

Now to your song:

I liked the jazzy feel of this song (at least to my ear it sounds jazz). Nice melodies and interesting ideas thrown into one piece. It flows well and all the parts had well constructed transitions. I see the influence from BTBAM, that I find good (I started to listen to them more some days ago).

The blast beats on 24-27 didn't sound so good IMO, maybe slowing the beat a bit would work.

Is this meant to be instrumental or an actual song (with vocals in it)? I find it hard to imagine anykind of vocals on any parts of this song, it's so instrument based to me.

Overall, it's good song. Those blasts I mentioned were the major problem for me. Also if you are going to make vocals for this song I suggest to make more space for them.
Yes, it is supposed to be instrumental. Silly me.. I should have mentioned it in my opening post. I used the blast beats to make the song really grip the listener's attention after the 'soft' intro