Page 1 of 2
theres this band that mixes alot of shit like punk and metal and melodic clean stuff with weird timings. its like progressive/punk/emo/metal or something?!?! idk. what do you guys think it should be called? its definitely for people who are ready to break away from the norm. its a real eye opener to what music can be.

http://youtu.be/fbr1bPf-Sns

they have other vids, but i like that one.
There is nothing that unique about this, it's basically metalcore.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
cuz ive never heard a metalcore band use a fast ass punk beat. like ever.
It's the kind of thing that will be defined by the vocals. Brutal screams and it could be progressive metal, punk yells and it could be tech-punk, singing and screaming and it could be like fall of troy style experimental post-hardcore, etc. They are pretty solid though!

EDIT: based on this video of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLdK06Vmbp4&feature=related I'd go with the fall of troy like sound.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Last edited by JWD32792 at Jul 4, 2011,
yea i thought they were cool too. they do alot of the singing and screaming combo. so its like post-hardcore i guess. but i can definitely taste the fall of troy in them. they have some other shit on reverbnation.com/darbyredford with vocals. that might give you a better idear on the matter. haha
but all that shit on that page is with their old drummer so it kinda sucks. but it is what it is...you can get a feel for it.
nobody cares to hear about "my band is ****ing awesome!! blah blah blah!!!" so its better to come at it at a different angle to get a real opinion on something. if i said it was my band, im gonna get 1,000 ball bashers come in here JUST to say how bad it sucks JUST because its so annoying how everyone asks everyone to listen to their band. it was a strategy. thanks for ruining it...mr. whoever-you-are.
Quote by Samdy
nobody cares to hear about "my band is ****ing awesome!! blah blah blah!!!" so its better to come at it at a different angle to get a real opinion on something. if i said it was my band, im gonna get 1,000 ball bashers come in here JUST to say how bad it sucks JUST because its so annoying how everyone asks everyone to listen to their band. it was a strategy. thanks for ruining it...mr. whoever-you-are.

Or you could have said "Hey guys, I'm in a band and wanted some opinions, could you check them out?". You way works too, I guess.
RIP Adam
well it was blindingly obvious without even asking

about the music: it's really not my thing so i won't comment :]

i'll delete these posts if you want too!
no, the tone of your posts piqued my interest

so i just looked at your band profile and took an educated guess that your forum username was incredibly similar to the name of the member of the band you didn't talk about being replaced :d
not really. they usually bore me with their verse-chorus-verse-chorus-interlude-chorus-outro routines. too predictable, ya know?
This thread is unbelievably stupid. Why does every uneducated 16 year old think they're trailblazers and as I'm writing this I'm realizing I answered my own question...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
yea, im definitely uneducated. i'll admit that. but see, had you have not known this was my band, you would have just said something like the first dude. you would have just said we werent unique at all. thats your opinion and its fine. but of course, since now you know its my band, now im an 'uneducated 16 year old'. for ****s sake, smoke a joint and chill, ya know?
No, it was unbelievably obvious from the beginning that it was your band.

You're uneducated because you think you're unique. This means you don't listen to much music.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
yea man, i should probably check out more 'underground' bands and whatnot. but without a working computer, its hard to do. i have to run everything in safe mode so i dont have sound or even capability to download anything.
i generalize because everything i heard from that genre has been the same thing. literally. you can hear like 4 different bands play the same chords in the same order and call them 4 different songs.
Yeah, I don't think you've heard much metalcore. You keep proving what we're saying.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
yea. im not exactly trying to hide it, ya know? ive said it plenty of times. i guess the only metalcore ive heard is the mainstream shit. throw some band names at me.
I don't know guys, I mean, this is pretty revolutionary music. I've certainly never heard a metalcore band with fast ass punk beats. Metalcore is all boring verse-chorus-verse music (ya know?), while this has melodic clean stuff and weird timings, and is thus progressive.

Too bad when this band gets famous there are gonna be a bunch of unoriginal clone bands. I guess that's what happens with every new genre.
Nash, Jay, I think you're being too harsh. Granted, it's not the most original thing ever, but it's not ripping anyone off either, which is nice. And, unlike 99% of new users posting their bands, it doesn't suck. I actually quite like it. I especially like the drums. Some fairly interesting stuff going on, considering the genre...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Nash, Jay, I think you're being too harsh. Granted, it's not the most original thing ever, but it's not ripping anyone off either, which is nice. And, unlike 99% of new users posting their bands, it doesn't suck. I actually quite like it. I especially like the drums. Some fairly interesting stuff going on, considering the genre...

Never said it was a rip off, but it's not a new genre.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by asator

I think the criticism wasn't that the music was bad or unoriginal, but that TS was naively arrogant enough to think he had created a new genre, and that he made an embarrassingly transparent attempt at deceiving readers into thinking he wasn't in the band.
The music isn't the issue, and I do admit that it isn't bad, it's just the whole "revolutionary" thing that bothers me.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
yea, that was pretty gay of me. my b....ive just straight honestly never heard a band like us. thats just the complete truth. thats why i asked for band names. i mean please, throw some band names at me to check out. if you know something that sounds like us, itd be awesome to hear it. i love the whole aggressive punk with melody behind it. people always say shit about like a day to remember but that just doesnt do it for me. then i hear the other spectrum like psyopus and crazy grind like that. although i do love that stuff, i cant sit through an entire album of nothing but grind. i love the mixing of genres.

so please, UG community, educate this asshole!!!
Psyopus isn't grind, but that's not the issue haha.

I'll post some bands in a bit when I'm done class.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Minus the pedal riffs it's pretty good. The drumming really had me too, very skilled. It sounds like they mistakenly took influences to what actually makes good metalcore. Not that it's an issue, I liked the songs.
Yeah the first posts in the thread from the TS were bullshit, but his band seems pretty cool and he seems like a nice dude who wants to learn stuff, so I don't see much point in blasting him anymore than he already has been.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
haha, so i severe uneducate, yes?
man, its crazy how much shit is out there. all i know is i try to play something that feels good and keeps me on my toes. i mean, i literally came on this forum JUST to find out what to call us. people ask us what we sound like and im just like...uhm...idk. so if its metalcore, then thats fine. i can start saying that.

but yea, lookin foward to hearing these bands man. like no shit. i think its pretty obvious i love Fall of Troy, so if you know any band thats around their smell, thatd be awesome.
yea, thanks for being cool guys. i deserved the negative stuff. no doubt. and im actually glad you all chewed me out for that. it humbled me. like obviously i know we're not the best effin band thats never been heard or anything. i mean, EVERYTIME i hear a local band write a tight song, i feel like a piece of shit, haha. but uh... what does 'TS' mean? haha
i think i was the only one that thought that, kyle. *embarassed face* but glad you liked it =]
Quote by asator
Yeah the first posts in the thread from the TS were bullshit, but his band seems pretty cool and he seems like a nice dude who wants to learn stuff, so I don't see much point in blasting him anymore than he already has been.

No! The internet is for flaming people and only flaming people!

Seriously though, personally, I thought it was OK, but then I don't generally listen to this sort of stuff.

TS = Thread Starter.

Also, try not to double post, it's against the rules and you may get warned. Use the edit button instead.
RIP Adam
Last edited by SexyLikeAPig at Jul 4, 2011,
Page 1 of 2