I am looking into devices that would allow me to wander around while practicing. I have seen the Line 6 Pocket Pod and it looks about perfect, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything similar that I could compare with. I already have a pair of Sennheisser HD 202 headphones that I love, so the phones aren't an issue. Thanks in advance for all the help.
I'm not that sure what the Line 6 Pocket Pod is like, but my friend has one of the Vox headphone amps, they actually sound really good, and you can get loads of different models for different sounds.
http://www.voxamps.com/amplug/
"Dreams fucking come true!" - Myles Kennedy
Quote by JackOSF
Vox JamVox

EDIT: Vox Amplug, and darn I was beaten to it!

Hehehe :P
"Dreams fucking come true!" - Myles Kennedy
That looks really cool. How limited is the control on different sound qualities you can give it? Do you have to buy one if you want a metal sound and a different one if you want a cleaner sound?
There are a few microamps around. 1 Watt, battery powered. might be what you're looking for
I own a Pocket POD, and I can say that the tone is... well, it's not great, but you probably read that already. I used it for the best part of 2 years before replacing it with a Spider IV, and it's great for mobility and gives a decent tone for practising, plus it's really cheap!

Not sure about anything around the same price though.

P.S. if you live in the UK you can buy my POD
Periphery, love that shit!
Quote by AvengedESP
P.S. if you live in the UK you can buy my POD

If you ever plan to visit Kentucky, bring it along and I'll meet you somewhere.
Quote by newfriend
That looks really cool. How limited is the control on different sound qualities you can give it? Do you have to buy one if you want a metal sound and a different one if you want a cleaner sound?

I don't really know that much about them, sorry.
But im sure there will be something on the internet, youtube it or something
Quote by steve987
youtube it or something

I keep forgetting youtube is more than cats and atheism/religion. Thanks. The text pages I've seen make it seem pretty limited.
Quote by newfriend
If you ever plan to visit Kentucky, bring it along and I'll meet you somewhere.

Closest I'll ever get to that is the KFC I ate earlier...
Periphery, love that shit!
Quote by AvengedESP
Closest I'll ever get to that is the KFC I ate earlier...

I LOVE Ohio fried Chicken.