Like the title says.

I have a 6 string Epiphone, that I want to put in B standard, since I can't afford a 7 string.

What gauge of strings is recommended? And would I need to file down the nut a bit for the high gauge of string?

I usually put DR pure blue 9s on the thing, obviously gotta go thicker.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I have an Epi Tony Iommi SG that I put Ernie Ball 12s on for Drop-C. I had to file out the #6 slot on the nut, but the rest fit fine. The #6 is a 56, I think. I wouldn't tune it in B, though, it'd be too lose for my taste.
If it helps. I use 9s on my ibanez, and it is in standard, so I like some thin strings, but maybe 13s or more would be good for me in B standard?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
It all depends on your guitar's neck scale.

If its a 24 3/4 then you'd want a 13 or 14 gauge set. 25.5 scale, then go for 12 or 13 gauge set.
Pretty sure it is a 24-3/4 scale, don't have the guitar in front of me.

It's an Epiphone LP Jr.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by ethan_hanus
I'd do .013's. But you're gonna have to get a new nut, cause I doubt the stock nut will hold those .013's.

Filing wouldn't work?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I've only had to file the low E on mine, but be real careful. You don't want the slot too deep or wide because you'll have major intonation problems if you do.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It would, but it's just less costly or time consuming to just get a replacement nut that's already filed to the correct size.

I need a new nut anyways, what would be a good nut for 13s then?

Also, how would I fit it on the guitar? Wood glue?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90