I will admit that expensive accessories are not for everyone - but does anyone have any thoughts about high-end costly accessories for custom, custom shop & vintage guitars? I always thought that a cheap case, cable or strap etc with an expensive guitar/bass is like cheap shoes & an expensive suit - opinions? and which companies make the best high end straps?
I would pay the extra for a case on a guitar that cost a lot/means a lot, but I pretty much just buy straps between $15 and $25.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I personally wouldn't get up off my Lazy-Boy with my good guitar/s hanging off a cheap strap. Much less go onstage like that. When I got my Ibey RG5EX1 I got a $10.00 strap. When I got my Prestige RG4570Z, I got a $60.00 4" leather strap and Ernie Ball Strap Locks (another $30.00). Quite frankly, I don't even really like putting the cheapie strap on the RG5. As for a case, well the Prestige comes with a nice hard case. I got a soft case for the RG5, but even that will get upgraded soon. I'm not wealthy enough to replace guitars because of cheap protection.....

The strap I got was from Levy. I don't know if they are considered high end in any way, but the strap is real leather, appears well made, and strong. Cables, same thing. For the RG5 I use LiveWire cheapies. For the Prestige, I use a Planet Waves with the gold tips and circuit breaker. The RG5 gets worked out through a Marshall MG10-CD (OK quit laughing now ) and the Prestige through a Peavey JSX 212 Combo. Yeah, I don't mind spending money on something if it's good. Just my opinion on that....

Edited to add: Oh, and I payed the extra $300.00 for the extended warranty. Yeah I know, probably never get used, but if it does, it's well worth it.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Jul 4, 2011,
High end - maybe over $75 - a $2000 dollar guitar and a $10, $30, $100? is there are difference - I think so, but many say no
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a few straps. Some were cheapies (between the $7 to $14 range) others more (between $20 to $30 range). But the best one I own was bought for me by my dad at a pawn store. I don't know how much he paid but it is a high quality one. So I guess it depends on where you look. Just ask Santa Claus for on and let him worry about the cost!
Quote by dannycasevnx

Seriously?

They're all joking, in case you can't tell.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yeah i think even tgpers are trolling that thread.

there are a bunch of similar threads about strap buttons and the like.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dannycasevnx

Seriously?

That thread is hillarious! haha

But for real. Guitar center had some triple layered leather strap with leather flames and was like $180. I was stunned
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by Ippon
Min, have you tried the nylon, web strap from the '80s? Better than the more polished, modern nylon and like a Soldano SLO, provides a more organic, gritty tone compared to the smoother Diezel Herbert.

no i only use straps pulled from functioning 68 rolls royce silver cloud seat belts.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I made a strap out of the hair of orphans. Talk about br00tz toanz.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
If I had a $4000 guitar, I wouldn't think twice about getting a $100 strap for it as long as that strap was better, more secure, more reliable, etc.

Hmm...wonder how a strap made from a horses tail hair would be?
I have a $115 strap for my PRS. Hey it deservies it! and it is really comfy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I happily pay a premium for a wide and comfy strap, but I don't think I'd drop more than $50 because something was custom made or stylish.

It only takes one long day in a studio or one long night on stage with a heavy bass to realize 2.5" straps shouldn't have ever been invented.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I made a strap out of the hair of orphans. Talk about br00tz toanz.

And I'd like to ask exactly where did the hair come from

Essentially, I'd pay more for straps that are comfortable, don't bite into my shoulder, secure and durable... afterall the last thing you'd want is for your guitar to slip out of the strap hole or for the strap to snap, right?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
the only strap i would pay more than $50 is a strap made outof Brian Fair's dreds.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My Les Paul, SG and Tele are all secured with standard Levy's straps and Dunlop locks. None of those cost more than $20AU. I have a Fender strap for my custom-build, an Ernie Ball for my Yamaha hollow body... Both out of a specials bin for about $10AU. Never have any problems.

A former friend hand made a leather strap, all embossed, adjustable, strong as anything. We ceased communicating, i gave the strap to a stranger with the same initials as me. I suppose if I had bought that in a store I would be looking at a tag of $100+.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I have a 3" strap made by a leatherworker. Two ply, suede on the inside. Superlative comfort. Worth asking in a saddlery if they can make one for you. If they are any good at their trade they should be able to make something better than you'll get in a guitar shop for a fraction of the cost.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
my bandmate gets custom handmade straps made of buffalo leather, they are expensive as ****
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I've always thought that a kangaroo tail would make a pretty cool strap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I bought a $1000 strap made out of Paul Gilbert's hair (You know from when he went from long hair to short hair) Yes, it cost a hell of a lot more than my guitar and amp (fender starter set for $125 or something) but you would not believe how well I could play and sound once I had that strap! Well worth the money.

I also bought another strap not too long ago for my first act guitar a friend gave me. It was made from Alexander Dumble's hair and you will not believe the beautiful tone I get with that as well. I feel it really helps the fragile harmonics survive, as well as the electrons in a tube compared to a crystal lattice.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
oh dear o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ippon
X-Forum post from TGP:

That reminded me of something else.

That looks like a bra strap for man-boobs.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Ippon
X-Forum post from TGP:

That reminded me of something else.

Goatse guitar straps (I'd say Google it if you don't know that reference... but no, please don't )
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!