Page 1 of 2
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-motorcyclist-dies-ride-protesting-helmet-law-143217859.html
ONONDAGA, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike's handlebars and hit his head on the pavement.

The accident happened Saturday afternoon in the town of Onondaga, in central New York near Syracuse.

State troopers tell The Post-Standard of Syracuse that 55-year-old Philip A. Contos of Parish, N.Y., was driving a 1983 Harley Davidson with a group of bikers who were protesting helmet laws by not wearing helmets.

Troopers say Contos hit his brakes and the motorcycle fishtailed. The bike spun out of control, and Contos toppled over the handlebars. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Troopers say Contos would have likely survived if he had been wearing a helmet.

Oh, the irony.
Quote by RPGoof

Oh, the irony.

I came here just to say that...
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Poor bike, what a waste of a great classic motorcycle.

Really? '83 Harley huh. He probably fishtailed on his own oil spill.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I don't normally say this, but I think this guy is a good-and-proper candidate for the Darwin awards?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I think the right to life also includes the right to willfully endanger it.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Natural selection at its finest.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Fucking numpty.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Helmet laws aren't anything to lose your head over.
PROUD MARTIN GUITAR OWNER.
Modest.Mouse
I'm assuming it left out the part where everyone else protesting promptly put their helmets back on?
Damn what a coincidence.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Lots of cruiser dudes in this state just rage illegal novelty helmets that don't provide any protection anyway.

I guess they don't want "the man" to interfere with their right to die in minor accidents above 20 or so mph.
Quote by Cb4rabid
This thread is heading downhill with all these puns.

i agree, it really came to a head earlier on
poop
Quote by Cb4rabid
This thread is heading downhill with all these puns.

The forum is general isn't as punny as it used to be, it's quite the let down.
He knew it was more dangerous, I ride a motorcycle daily and never go without a helmet. Regardless, he shouldn't be forced to wear a helmet if he doesn't want to, no matter what the safety differences are if he's not endangering anyone else.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Zombee

yea well not when it costs the system a fortune.

edit: refer down two posts below mine
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Jul 4, 2011,
Quote by Zombee

Do you protest the seatbelt law by not wearing that?

Consider this: A guy doesn't wear a helmet, flys over the handlebars, and cracks his head. Doesnt die, he just ends up disabled, cant do anything for himself. He has no family or money, so he becomes a ward of the state. For the next say, 30 years of his life the state is paying for his medical care, daily care, food, everything. Wanna take a guess at where the state is getting that money from? Us. Tax payers. So do I think he should legally be allowed to endanger his life and my cash? Fuck no!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Last edited by racman92 at Jul 4, 2011,
Quote by racman92
Do you protest the seatbelt law by not wearing that?

Consider this: A guy doesn't wear a helmet, flys over the handlebars, and cracks his head. Doesnt die, he just ends up disabled, cant do anything for himself. He has no family or money, so he becomes a ward of the state. For the next say, 30 years of his life the state is paying for his medical care, daily care, food, everything. Wanna take a guess at where the state is getting that money from? Us. Tax payers. So do I think he should legally be allowed to endanger his life and my cash? Fuck no!

Not to mention the fact that he's contributing to the rising cost of vehicle insurance, which impacts the rest of us significantly.

I'm not glad he's dead, but I certainly don't feel the least bit sorry for him.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Not to mention the fact that he's contributing to the rising cost of vehicle insurance, which impacts the rest of us significantly.

I'm not glad he's dead, but I certainly don't feel the least bit sorry for him.

This
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
He knew it was more dangerous, I ride a motorcycle daily and never go without a helmet. Regardless, he shouldn't be forced to wear a helmet if he doesn't want to, no matter what the safety differences are if he's not endangering anyone else.

EDIT I READ YOUR POST WRONG

Please dont hurt me
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jul 4, 2011,
It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn on your wedding day...
Quote by Jackal58
Really? '83 Harley huh. He probably fishtailed on his own oil spill.

I ride an 81 sporster. Nothing wrong with them if you take care of them.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn on your wedding day...
Nothing in that song was ironic, just unfortunate.

Anyway, motorcycle guy was an idiot, and has now set an example against what he was fighting for.
Quote by phlip999
Nothing in that song was ironic, just unfortunate.

Don't care.
Well, looks like he was heading for the inevitable..
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by ShadesOfNight

What a twat.

EXACTLY what i was going to say.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I can't believe the irony. But still, RIP. Never good that someone has to die in order for a point to be made
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
My friends dad told me about this earlier this morning, since it was in the paper. I think the irony is hilarious. but still, RIP
Quote by magnus_maximus
How is it ironic that a dude not wearing a helmet died in a crash? What would have been ironic would be if he had died because the rest of his body was run over and his head was fine. What happened was exactly what was expected, the opposite of irony.

I don't care enough to argue this point though.

It's ironic because the guy was protesting the law saying he had to wear a helmet. What happened was that he ended up proving the point of why it's required that you do wear one.

edit: It was ironic to what he was saying. Overall it wasn't quite irony lol.
Page 1 of 2