Page 1 of 2
I just couldn't be arsed sitting down and learning a new scale or a new song. It would probably a different story if I was in a band, but atm I have no motivation what so ever to practice or even play.

So who else is shite at playing their instrument?
I play nowhere near as much as I used to. Most of the shit I listen to these days doesn't use guitars, though, so that would have something to do with it.
I have no motivation either, and i cant be bothered to start learning theory because it bores me to death.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by blankoff
I have no motivation either, and i cant be bothered to start learning theory because it bores me to death.

I read up on a load of theory a while back, then tried to apply it and failed miserably.
Yeah I lost interest in the guitar about a year ago. Have yet to get into it properly again.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I suck.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I know only the songs I play with my band.

I don't have time or motivation to learn any other songs.
I've been playing guitar for about 2-3 years and haven't learned an entire song. Whenever I try to play along, I can't keep up.
I truly suck.
I'm quite good, actually.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
I suck also. On piano and guitar.
I'm a great mimic, I can play quite complex pieces, but can't write anything of interest, thus rendering me shite.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Since I got my amp, i've spent less time on here and more time on the guitar, so.......
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Me: I can almost-half-play a whole load of things on guitar and I'm only a bit more proficent on bass. My bass and my guitar are pieces of shit, I think that has a lot to do with it. Also, there's my keyboard, I can basically not play it at all.
I also hate the minor scale, it's the only scale I seem to play these days.

I need to learn modes again
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jul 4, 2011,
I play the same o same o because there's no reason to learn new songs. I'm not in a band nor playing out, I'm getting old.

Then again there's nobody around that's into the good ol 60s/70s rock.

I play because I luv guitars and only new stuff I learned are my own. I have 4 songs so far, no name no lyrics just guitar.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Duffman123
I just couldn't be arsed sitting down and learning a new scale or a new song. It would probably a different story if I was in a band, but atm I have no motivation what so ever to practice or even play.

I feel pretty much exactly the same. I want to find some people to play with, but they would have to be friends; I'm not good enough to try out for a band and make it, I don't think.
Who else thought he meant this travis barker video when Mark says he sucks at his instrument?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1CVDTZCPo0
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by jetfuel495
Or do you blow?

Only the black women.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I lost interest in music as a whole for some reason, I cover a song every once in a while but only when I'm extremely bored.
Quote by Viva-la-mark
I suck also. On piano and guitar.
I'm a great mimic, I can play quite complex pieces, but can't write anything of interest, thus rendering me shite.

Pretty much this.

I can play other peoples stuff, but can never write anything good on my own. However, I hope to join a band, when I start university, and do some decent gigs for a change.
i havent even picked up my guitar in upwards of 6 months. im just holding onto it and my amp in hopes that i can swap it for a used drum kit once i get my own place in a few months here. im generally tone deaf and dont really understand theory. i played drums back in high school and did quite well with them so im not really sure why i even picked up the guitar in the first place.

i just keep coming back to these forums for the intelligent conversation.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I've been getting steadily better this past
8 years.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i just keep coming back to these forums for the intelligent conversation.

lol
I don't have much time to play so I haven't progressed in a very long time
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Duffman123

All the other people who are into electronic music olololooolol
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 4, 2011,
I just bought a Taylor dreadnought, so I better not be.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Because you listen to so much of that goddamn dubstep, Duff

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
As I approach 18, i find I simply don't have the time to be a lazy shred-head who sits in his room practicing the E#mdim7 scale 124908235 times a day anymore. I have a job, things I have to pay for, plans to be finished, and important things to do in preparing for life. If I had started playing when I was 8 or 9 I might have had my fill of sitting around playing constantly but as it is, I don't have the time to play like I used to.
I'm happy with where I am for the amount of time I've been playing. I understand and can apply a decent amount of theory to composition for guitar and other instruments, and my technique is quite controlled overall, but my most obvious short-coming is my improvisational ability. Given, I haven't worked much on it at all... but I'll get it!

I'd say if you keep a positive mind-set about yourself and your playing - and allow yourself an enjoyable life away from guitar as well - you'll be set for success. I've spent the couple of weeks ridiculously happy, and it seems that a byproduct of that as been more productivity playing my chosen instrument, since I'll happy play and perfect something rather than declare myself as ''shit'' the moment something unwanted occurs.
Page 1 of 2