Ok, so I've been looking around and wondered if any one knows of any other guitars that have these specs:

- Tele Shape
- Strat Style Headstock
- Strat Style Controls Layout
- No Binding
- Bolt On Neck
- (Pref. Hardtail)
- (Pref. Rosewood Fretboard)
- (Pref. No Scratchplate)

These are the only ones I know of:
Yamaha Pacifica 120

Yamaha Pacifica 812s

Charvel San Dimas Style 2

Any ideas?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
you can definetly get san dimas's without a floyd and there probably the best "super tele" you can get
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I own a Jim root signature that I bought in a bit of a 'metal phase' - Its a damn nice guitar, much like an ESP EC1000, with EMG pickups.

It is a bit of a one-trick pony and really only does heavy, high gain stuff very well - everything else is mediocre.

I would only add the Fender FMT tele, which was excellent when I tried one a few days back (had upgraded humbucker pickups - seymour duncan 59 and pearly gates)

Neither have the strat headstock though - is that a problem?
Last edited by demon.guitarist at Jul 4, 2011,
Pretty sure Schecter have made a few. ESP definitely have. Fender's Jim Root Tele is an HH Tele with the controls body-mounted and at an angle, not quite the same as a Strat's but at a similar angle and significantly different to the usual Tele controls. Warmoth and Carvin both make them too, I think.
framus did one but it's been discontinued... renegage i think it was called? apart from the strat headstock and strat-style controls, it ticks most of your boxes, if you can still find one (and it's under budget).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ man that reminds me, that avril lavigne one was awesome. go with that. good call!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That San Dimas is fantastic. I used to own one, miss it dearly.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Thanks guys, maybe I'll keep an eye out for a used San Dimas then.

Originally Posted by RetroGunslinger
you can definetly get san dimas's without a floyd and there probably the best "super tele" you can get
really? I've only seen them with floyds
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
g and l?

I think that's pretty much it for the regular market guitars.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I hate to be the one to suggest a Schecter, but...Schecter PT? It's got humbuckers and no pickguard, I guess that's the Tele equivalent of a superstrat. By your definition you just want a Tele-shaped Strat, and I've been guitars sorta like that(Vintage does a SSS Tele, I believe), but I don't know any model names.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ man that reminds me, that avril lavigne one was awesome. go with that. good call!
I wish Fender would make MIM versions of the Deryck Whibley and Avril Lavigne teles. They've got unique routings and could potentially be great if they weren't crappy Squier agathis and if they didn't have those names attached. Get me a MIM version with alder bodies an no signature on them, I'd buy them both.
Tele Deluxe 72 reissue? You can always put new pups in it.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Quote by grohl1987
I wish Fender would make MIM versions of the Deryck Whibley and Avril Lavigne teles. They've got unique routings and could potentially be great if they weren't crappy Squier agathis and if they didn't have those names attached. Get me a MIM version with alder bodies an no signature on them, I'd buy them both.

yeah i mean i was obviously just kidding there, i haven't even tried the avril lavigne one (i've seen it a couple of times in shops but didn't have the nerve to ask to try it ).

good calls on the ibanez and g&l, I didn't think of those.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Humbuckers are good but the Ibanez and Schecter Teles both have binding. That G&L is an interesting one though
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
that g&l looks like it has binding too. but maybe if you got it without the maple top it wouldn't have binding.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Silly me but tbh, the San Dimas looks like the better guitar for me anyway
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
yeah well i mean if you're ok with the floyd it's a nice guitar. a couple of places have them on deals too as they've been discontinued (guitar guitar, i think, maybe some other places).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Would go Warmoth if I was in the US. Also, the San Dimas doesn't have a cavity for the floyd, which makes things a little easier if I want to replace the bridge
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Would go Warmoth if I was in the US. Also, the San Dimas doesn't have a cavity for the floyd, which makes things a little easier if I want to replace the bridge

how so? i mean it's not recessed, but there's still a big hole for the sustain block.

just don't want you to buy it and then get into trouble...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
san dimas all the way dude nothing can beat that,
well there is ofcourse the option to get one custom made.
Schecter made a model called the PT Classic. It has a TOM bridge. You could find one used around $500. I don't think too many were made. It has binding, though.

It's pretty.

Also, the PT Fastback

And the PT Standard