I still have my first guitar; an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. It's a decent enough ok guitar but I'd want a 'realer' Les Paul.

I've been thinking of an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. If I sold my starter one, I could probably get the Studio for a few hundred.

So is the Studio a good enough LP and a workhorse to keep around for a while, maybe even worthy of upgrades later on?
Oi! Me dog Sally needs to drop:

|-4---|
|-5---|
I would at least get a Standard. If you're willing to go used, it won't be too expensive.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
It's a cheap upgrade. Maybe better than what you have, but not a great upgrade for something you want to keep for a while. I say save up and get a used Gibson.
Save more. At least get a standard. The studio won't be that much of an upgrade, IMO.
Last edited by BlockFour at Jul 4, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G
It's a cheap upgrade. Maybe better than what you have, but not a great upgrade for something you want to keep for a while. I say save up and get a used Gibson.

Yeah, just save up a little bit and you can upgrade to a $2,000 Gibson from your $50 Epi. Thats totally a small gap.

I would however recommend at least an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, they're around $500, which can be a lot on a low budget, but not insane, and they're actually very playable. The studio would be a little better, but not really worth your money.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

I just spotted a Epiphone Standard for 250$~.
I'm excited now

|-4---|
|-5---|
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Yeah, just save up a little bit and you can upgrade to a $2,000 Gibson from your $50 Epi. Thats totally a small gap.

I would however recommend at least an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, they're around $500, which can be a lot on a low budget, but not insane, and they're actually very playable. The studio would be a little better, but not really worth your money.

I meant a used Gibson Studio. But even then I've come across used Gibson standards in mint condition for $1000 locally.

But nevermind, I didn't notice the TS is in Finland. I have no idea how much a Gibson costs there.
^Gibson Studios go for about 700 euros here, used.

Is the Studio a better model than the Standard, in general?

I think 700€ is actually a reasonable price for a Gibson but I'm not going to spend that kind of money now, not on a guitar. I also want to upgrade to a good amp soon.

|-4---|
|-5---|
A good amp is very important, so I understand that. Why Epiphone? There are lots of other brands out there that make a Les Paul. And why a Les Paul? You can probably get an Ibanez RG or S series used for the money you want to spend(but then again, it's Finland, so I don't know)
I just like Les Pauls and would really want a black one. But there are definitely other guitars I'm looking at too.

This LP idea just came to my head, I'd like to sell this starterguitar and upgrade to a more proper LP. It's just gonna be a piece of my arsenal.

|-4---|
|-5---|
Well, then I say save up a little more and get something that will make you happy for years, and don't buy anything until you're certain that's what you want. That's about all the advice I can give since I don't know much about epiphones.
It comes down to preference, i have an LP Custom from Gibson, thats too heavy but i love the tone, yet the LP Studio, doesnt quite have the beefyness its alot lighter, so try both and see what works
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....