I have 3 guitars atm. One is for home use, as i dont want to damage it, one is completely trashed, and the other is awful, so im selling it.

When i sell this guitar i'll probably have £400 approx to play around with, so i was thinking of either replacing my trashed guitar, which i use for gigs, or trying to fix it.

But, i've also found that my practice amp is dying as well. The volume has considerably decreased since i've had it, and on clean there is a horrible rattling sound, so i may need to replace/fix that.

Should i go for a £400 guitar, a £300 guitar and £100 amp, or try to fix both?

Will be willing to buy used
Genre?
What are the trashed pieces of kit?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
add, what is your practice amp? to that
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
You probably wont be able to fix your practice amp since im assuming its a solid-state. what about your guitar is trashed exactly?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Speed-metal9000
... and the other is awful, so im selling it.

When i sell this guitar i'll probably have £400 approx to play around with...

£400 for an awful guitar? I do hope that figure is in addition to other savings....
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Linqua5150
add, what is your practice amp? to that

That's why I pluralised "pieces".... I thought the inference was there.

Any ways...

It may be a simple fix for the practice amp - I'm guessing it's some SS amp, possibly with a loose connection in it. Fix your gigging guitar, though.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Im currently using a Roland cube 15X for an amp at the moment.
I play rock/metal
My trashed jackson: Lost a screw on the input jack so the thing keeps falling out, and the wood is too worn in the other hole to get a good grip. The pickups have started falling into the guitar. The tuners have started breaking (both headstock and bridge). Its covered in dents etc
£400 is about the highest i can go. I'm a student so i cant easily save up much money.
Quote by Speed-metal9000
Im currently using a Roland cube 15X for an amp at the moment.
I play rock/metal
My trashed jackson: Lost a screw on the input jack so the thing keeps falling out, and the wood is too worn in the other hole to get a good grip. The pickups have started falling into the guitar. The tuners have started breaking (both headstock and bridge). Its covered in dents etc
£400 is about the highest i can go. I'm a student so i cant easily save up much money.

Not trying to get you down, but how are you going to fix that (if possible) and sell it for 400?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?