2 new 7 projects! I ordered this 7421 a month and a half ago and never got to me until today due to the Canadian Postal Strike. About a week after I ordered the 7421 I found a Kijiji ad that was titled 'IBANEZ RG 7 STRING 4 SALE $160" There was no pics, and I was almost sure it would be a 7321, but I thought what the hell and asked for the serial number. It turned out to be Japanese. It was like 3 or 4 hours away from me, but I remember a friend said he was going to this city to see family that weekend. I got him to pick it up for me. I realized that the trem post was crooked when I finally got it which sucks, but won't be too too hard to fix. Both of these guitars a getting totally new looks too. I plan to paint the 7420 white and the 7421 is going to get a distressed stain look. Anyway I waited till the 7421 came to make an NGD thread, so here it is. Onto the pics!

Ibanez RG7420

Ibanez RG7421

What's the yellow guitar in the background? It looks mint. As do your 7's. I wish I had a 7 string but they're quite expensive in my country.
Looks like the post hole is pretty screwed on that 7420. Maybe you can fill it with a dowel and wood glue and then redrill it. Or possibly, if it doesn't have locking studs, get the gotoh locking studs. They should require a bigger hole, you may have to drill it.

Anyway, l'd take a 7420 for $160 any day! Hngd
From the way the pictures look, it looks as if your getting ready to cook your guitars.

Not cool.

Anyways, sweet lookin guitars.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Yeah that was my friend who took the pics on the stove. I never got to see the guitar before it was purchased cause the guy didn't have a camera or even a cell phone. I asked him if the bridge was fixed or a trem and he asked what a bridge was.

And yeah i was thinking of doing the wood glue thing, but I might just route the hole and put a block of wood in there and make the guitar hardtail like this: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm
Eeek, that looks like a lot of work.. If I were you I'd want to keep it the way it is. But I'm lazy and have also never modded a guitar in any way..

Try to fix the trem post, because I'm sure on a Jap Ibanez the trem itself can't be too bad.
Did the seller take out the humbucker bracket? looks kinda odd like its missing. But MAN. I love the wear on the black one. Looks legit!
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by Levi79
Meh, it won't be that much work. I bought them both to be refinishing projects as well as anything else that may be wrong with them. I want to be a guitar tech so what better way to learn than this is my thinking.

Oh, well with that then I'd say.. Hell, go for it dude.

Mod 'em to hell, even. Maybe even make a GB&C thread documenting it for us
I just might. I've got 3 of them on the go. I have a 7421 and this 7420 that are both going to be white, or I might swirl the 7420. For the time being I'm using the 7421 in this thread until this are done. Then this 7421 is going to be stained. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on them whether it be a New New Guitar Day thread for each project I finish or a thread in GB&C.
Was expecting for a 14 string guitar, same concept like a 12 string guitar but what the heck, HNGD! I'm dying for a 7 string too sigh, but I need a new amp.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Levi79
Meh, it won't be that much work. I bought them both to be refinishing projects as well as anything else that may be wrong with them. I want to be a guitar tech so what better way to learn than this is my thinking.

Perfect logic. Congrats on the DNGD.