NO IM NOT TROLLING

hi guys I have this importanta question, wich one should I get?, the marshall jvm410c or a Line 6 pod hd500 with another amp wich I'd use just as a speaker (i.e. spider 120w)

now before you rage at this post consider the following:
I play a dean vmnt dave mustaine guitar (mainly)
I play from blues and jazz to death and black metal
I regularly play small-medium gigs
I hardly record anything

Its also important that Im willing to spend 2k on my amp, but Im not that crazy about blowing up money, I also have other expenses so, wich one is more suitable for me? Im looking a chunky fat modern metal distortion and a decent celan, not the best, just good, thank you
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
nothing??
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Run the hd500 through your 6505.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
dont have it anymore :P
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
You can't just use the speaker in the Spider, you'd have to use its power amp too. So the answer has to be "buy an amp and sell the Spider". If you like the JVM, buy it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
OK I can't comment on the hd500 but my former rig was a POD 2.0 with a big floorboard run into the return on the effects loop of an Ampeg 150W head so I was bypassing the entire preamp and just using the Ampeg as a power amp run into the matching 4x12 cab loaded with standard celestions. I mainly used a High gain patch (Mesa) for my main sound and I thought it sounded pretty damn good. I had all these other patches for clean, trippy, low gain crunch, etc. I thought why would I need an amp that didn't have all these models and effect built in. I bought a JVM 210H and 1960a cab and it does not even compare to a Line 6 setup. The JVM IS the absolute best amp I've ever played. I have more control over my sound than the POD could ever give me. I know you'll say, "You are crazy, the Line 6 has thousands of presets and models and blah blah blah." The 210 has two channels each with three modes, it's like a 6 channel amp. The 410 is like a 12 channel amp. Plus you can just roll back the volume a bit and it cleans up great for even more control. It takes a bit to dial in the amp and learn what you can do with it but you can end up "playing" the amp as much as playing your guitar. I was a die hard POD head before and still have no issues with Line 6 but the JVM is in a different class, no doubt about it..
Does it have to be the Marshall JVM? I mean with that kinda cash, you can do much better.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
+1

The JVM is probably the last thing I would buy

Either way, buying a high gain amp or buying a MFX pedalboard are two totally different things. I guess you need to decide how much versatility and effects you really need.

I'd either go buy another 6505+112 and a MFX board or maybe even a modeling amp like a Vypyr 120 or Line 6 Vetta. Or fuck it and get the Axe Fx and be done.
Why don't you just head down to guitar center or some other store and test them out. Try the JVM, a Mesa maybe a Tiny Terror and even a noisy 6505 and see what you like. Then you can walk over and just look at the Line 6 toys because after playing a real amp you'll just be wasting your time.
theres things like a tech 21 power engine which is essentially the power amp and soeaker only which is good for things like the POD HD500
Quote by TheRinger
Why don't you just head down to guitar center or some other store and test them out. Try the JVM, a Mesa maybe a Tiny Terror and even a noisy 6505 and see what you like. Then you can walk over and just look at the Line 6 toys because after playing a real amp you'll just be wasting your time.

Definitely go try out the amps at GCenter or wherever so you can compare how they all sound and how easily you can get tones you want out of them. I currently own both the JVM210H and Tiny Terror, and I can tell you that while I absolutely love them both (The JVM more though) if you're looking for versatility and ease of use you would do very well with the JVM. It's got great cleans, crunch, and even handles ridiculous gainy core tones. That's actually what I'm mainly using it for right now, and then I use the Tiny Terror for my country band.

Just go try out the JVM and see how it feels, I think it's worth the money.
Quote by ohiomatt33
Definitely go try out the amps at GCenter or wherever so you can compare how they all sound and how easily you can get tones you want out of them. I currently own both the JVM210H and Tiny Terror, and I can tell you that while I absolutely love them both (The JVM more though) if you're looking for versatility and ease of use you would do very well with the JVM. It's got great cleans, crunch, and even handles ridiculous gainy core tones. That's actually what I'm mainly using it for right now, and then I use the Tiny Terror for my country band.

Just go try out the JVM and see how it feels, I think it's worth the money.

and I hate the JVM, i think its not solidly built, sounds bland and just not good overall. but thats my opinion and it differs than the poster above, so yea go try stuff