I'm at your mercy guys. I've had my amp for a while now and had this problem off and on. Lately its been constant though. When I'm playing, the sound will change in volume every so often, occasionally completely dropping out and then a second later pop back in.

I thought it was the tubes, so I switched out all the tubes. 4 El34 and 4 12ax7's. I did notice today though the switch was set for the 6l6 biasing and not the el34's that were in it when I got it. I made the switch and the glow through the EL34's seem to be the same as they were. What else can I check that might be causing the volume to flux?

I know there is a bias knob on the amp if I need to change that but I've never worked on changing the bias before, not afraid to try though if someone can point me to a walkthrough or something.
IF there's a bias knob, I take it that means it has at least two test points for multimeter probes? Check the bias and see if it's even and within proper range as dictated by the manual.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I've never messed with that kind of stuff but I'll give it a try. Don't even own a multimeter yet, but will probably pick one up today sometime. I'm guessing an inexpensive one will work for what I need it for? Then check the manual for what the voltage should read, test, and adjust the knob accordingly?
Exactly. Radio Shack has a nice multimeter for $10-15
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Alright, checked the bias and it is right where it needs to be. Needed to get a multimeter eventually anyways. I accidently left the amp on last night and came in this morning and played with it for a while and had no problems at all. Wondering if maybe I'm just not giving it enough warm up time before attempting to use it.
Sometimes these drops in volume are tubes or power. I have an old house,
And notice the volume dropping on occassion, but at parent's house I have no problems.
Does anyone know what the ohms are supposed to be set at?
By the way, I can get a good classic rock sound on the crunch channel. I heard
people say u cant get a classic rock sound, but u can.
Last edited by shredfester1 at Aug 23, 2011,
This amp is awesome, I dont know what tubes are stock,
But there are JJ tubes in it now. Ive had it for 4 days so far, traded a Classic 50
for it. Its got great tone, and as heavy as a tripleXXX.