Hi, I've been playing guitar for a few years and am still using my first starter amp (Spider 3 15W).

I'm looking for an improvement over my current amp, but am still not ready to invest in a $500-$1,000 amp.

I am considering the Orange Crush PiX 35LDX, and the Spider IV 75W amps. I have also heard something about Vox's being good?

So which amp will give me a good sound without breaking the bank? (Also, I tend to play more metal than anything else when playing electric guitar if that's important in choosing an amp, but I can always buy a pedal I suppose).
Budget, genre, nearest major city, do you need to gig?

We need this info.
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by guitarlord28
Budget, genre, nearest major city, do you need to gig?

We need this info.

well, it says it in the thread title. $400 budget. last sentence in his post says Metal. and it seems like he's still starting off, just wanting to get past the begginner amp, so I doubt he's gigging.

TS, I think you should maybe look into getting a Peavey Vypyr or Valveking. both would be good options, but thats just off the top of my head while i'm sleep deprived, so listen to everyone else as well.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Well I already said about $400 or less and mainly metal for now, although I like most other genres as well. Nearest major city is not a problem, I have 2 local music stores plus a guitar center, and of course online shopping.

I just need a practice amp, I won't be playing any gigs anytime soon (only played live once to help out a friend). But I'd like a nice-sounding amp even though it won't be for playing gigs.
Used Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 + Sanpera I.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Also, as far as those little cube amps go, I may get one for my college dorm in a year or so, should I get a Roland Micro or an Orange Micro?
Quote by MR78
Nearest major city is not a problem, I have 2 local music stores plus a guitar center, and of course online shopping.

They're asking for nearest major city so they can help with CL searches.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.