does anyone know a good resource/book for learning how to improvise lead guitar. I don't just mean scales, but coming up with good chords voicings, harmonies etc.

I know my pentatonics scales and already play around as much as I can with changing chords round, using 2 and 3 string chords etc, but want to know more, and how to apply it better.
how to improvise by hal crook is pretty solid
while not an improvisation book, the advancing guitarist is a great resource that covers the instrumental skills you need to develop to improvise fluidly.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
Quote by josephgriffiths
does anyone know a good resource/book for learning how to improvise lead guitar. I don't just mean scales, but coming up with good chords voicings, harmonies etc.

I know my pentatonics scales and already play around as much as I can with changing chords round, using 2 and 3 string chords etc, but want to know more, and how to apply it better.

I like Troy Stetina for the beginner as far as building foundations, teaching licks in context with solos. Heavy Metal Lead Guitar Volume 1 and 2 - Also Watch N Learn has some pretty good things for beginners.

Sean