You know how you get that tic tic tic sound when you play really fast from the pick hitting the strings? Is there a way to get rid of that without using a sustain pedal? How so?
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
lol how simple. good point my amps pretty damn quiet
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
Try lowering your treble on the amp, if that doesnt work roll it down a bit on your guitar. That should get rid of what you are hearing. Sometimes the amp picks up the clicking sound the string makes when you pick it and amplifies it.
Amps don't 'pick up' anything. They amplify. It's the pickups that 'pick up' noise. Funny how that works. The clue's in the name.

You could get less sensative pickups but that would muddy up your tone. Turning up the bass and mids on your amp would do the same thing by merely covering up the noise. It's not a big deal though and the only way to properly get rid of it is to not use a pick at all.
I had the same problem but i didnt do anything with it. Later i get pick on children of bodom's concert and it was dunlop jazz III. This pick is awesome. No picking noise and as its little smaller its easier to sweep and alternate pick. If i were you id go and check this pick
try adjusting your pick angle. it makes a hell of a difference.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
Turn your amp up.

Nope, the sound goes through the amp.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Repair operator error.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
The only way to really fix it is to change your technique, but even then, you're never going to fully get rid of it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Use a different plectrum, those acrylic ones are horrible or ones with the bevelled grip bits on them. Im not sure what its called, but the plastic is smooth (not shiny) and not too pointed, its a dunlop.
Picks and picking angle are huge factor in tone!
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by grohl1987
Amps don't 'pick up' anything. They amplify. It's the pickups that 'pick up' noise. Funny how that works. The clue's in the name.

You could get less sensative pickups but that would muddy up your tone. Turning up the bass and mids on your amp would do the same thing by merely covering up the noise. It's not a big deal though and the only way to properly get rid of it is to not use a pick at all.

i use pretty strong pups
and i dont get the click unless im playing my high 2 strings
try rolling the tone control back a couple of notches - there should be a point at which this smooths out the pick attack without mudding up the tone at all.

you could also try lowering your pickups a bit but this would also reduce the output a fair bit, too.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Use something made of softer material...
_______====================
___★___===================
________===================
==========================

Every day is a Meshuggah Binge day
legato?

i mean, unless your amp is at really low volumes and you can hear the acoustic sound of the guitar, pick noise is kinda unavoidable, and even desirable to get different types of tones.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Fruityjuice
Use something made of softer material...

This, Dunlop Nylon picks wont give you any pick attack, but you give up some treble when you do, since they dampen the picking a bit.

Also, pick attack is just a normal thing, it's usually your technique, but it's always there, just depending on how you pick and what kind of pick you use, it'll be more or less apparent.
Quote by ethan_hanus
This, Dunlop Nylon picks wont give you any pick attack, but you give up some treble when you do, since they dampen the picking a bit.

Also, pick attack is just a normal thing, it's usually your technique, but it's always there, just depending on how you pick and what kind of pick you use, it'll be more or less apparent.

It's like deciding whether or not to pick with a 2 inch thick cotton ball, or a samuri sword from the 5th dynasty
_______====================
___★___===================
________===================

Every day is a Meshuggah Binge day
You can reduce pick attack, it's not impossible. I'm not entirely sure you could eliminate pick attack entirely however.

If you listen to players like Eric Johnson, Allan Holdsworth and Brett Garsed, they have very little audible pick attack. This depends to some degree on the shape and material of the picks they use, but it mostly comes down to their picking motions and picking angles.

It takes a long time to develop that level of control over your pick attack. It's not an easy thing to explain, nor an easy thing to achieve. I recommend you study how these players pick and try to apply elements of they're picking technique to your playing, using your ears to determine what you're doing right.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Less treble and some Jazz IIIs
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
More mids, less treble, don't pick so hard. Simple as.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.