Page 1 of 2
What are some dreams you've had recently where you woke up and was sad that the dream wasn't real life?

Last night, I dreamed that the recently deceased rock musician Jay Reatard was actually living in an abandoned house in my neighborhood. We became best friends and toured around the country playing our unique brand of punk/folk music. When I woke up I was sad that I'll never tour around the country playing music, and then I was sad that Jay is dead
I dreamed that I had a rocktron prophesy II and was loving it. Then I woke up and realized I have no such device.
Check out my band Disturbed
I had a dream that I was in Jurassic Park on Isliadora (sp?) with either Oprah Winfrey or Woopie Goldberg (It was fuzzy and Im a racist asshole). But anyways (lets say it was Oprah), Oprah made the best shelter ever. It was a huge area next to a river closed in by giant palm trees and filled with extremely soft banana tree leaves laid across the ground. When I first walked in I felt a huge brush of the freshest air I have ever inhaled. It was like going into a room that was pumping pure oxygen. Once inside I laid down on the leaves and all my stress caused by the rampaging dinosaurs disappeared. Now I was laying on soft leaves listening to the wind blow while peering through the holes between tree trunks watching the setting sun pierce through. This all while Oprah was continuing to build the shelter/watching out for dinosaurs
I dreamed I had a swimming race with a Hasidic Jew. I'm a shitty swimmer, but I really want to try it
I dreamed I moved up to this college on Lake Superior(which is happening this fall) and I met my roommate who immediately threw a giant bag of weed at me and said it was a present for me. We then proceeded to smoke it and start a band that played a genre called, "Superiorcore". What that means, I don't think I'll ever know.
Quote by wizards?
I dreamed I moved up to this college on Lake Superior(which is happening this fall) and I met my roommate who immediately threw a giant bag of weed at me and said it was a present for me. We then proceeded to smoke it and start a band that played a genre called, "Superiorcore". What that means, I don't think I'll ever know.

It means you'll be a Neutral Milk Hotel cover band.
The ones where a random hot chick offers sex (for free).

In all seriousness(ish), often, my dreams are awesome when I'm still dreaming, but when I wake up, looking back, I realize that they were just plain weird. Same goes for nightmares. The extraordinarily rare occasions I have nightmares, I tend to dream about things that make me pose the question, "Now in which way was THAT scary???" when I wake up.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
I had a dream every time I took my hands out of my pockets I had £20 in my hand.

Never run out of money, was awesome
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

I dreamed Isildor threw the ring into Mt. Doom and listened to Elrond, thus ending the journey of Lord of the Rings before it began, and saving the lives of Smeagol and Deagol in the process, as well as the countless millions who died in it's name, especially Boromir.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I dreamt all humans were giant bunny rabbits, very sad when I woke up to this
For me it would be the few I've been having here and there where me and the girl I've been into for a while now start to get really close to being in a relationship. no sex involved at all, just being with her and being happy.

then i wake up and get really upset about how it will most likely never happen
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by Colgate Total
I dreamed Isildor threw the ring into Mt. Doom and listened to Elrond, thus ending the journey of Lord of the Rings before it began, and saving the lives of Smeagol and Deagol in the process, as well as the countless millions who died in it's name, especially Boromir.

You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Quote by Colgate Total

I've dreamed about being in LotR more than once.
There was this period of a few months where I would dream about things/people that I can only describe as beautiful.

-A city with skyscrapers so tall, you could see them hundreds of miles away
-A huge purple spider with shiny pink spots
-An immaculate girl, like PERFECT
-Mountain ranges, reflecting lakes, that sort of thing

I wish for access to my dreamworld of that time.
The one where I wasn't sad and everyone around me wasn't a prick, and my grandmother wasn't dead, and I actually had goals in life.

Ah, the dreams.
Quote by flanders_91

Quote by Dadro
I had a dream that I was in Jurassic Park on Isliadora (sp?) with either Oprah Winfrey or Woopie Goldberg (It was fuzzy and Im a racist asshole). But anyways (lets say it was Oprah), Oprah made the best shelter ever. It was a huge area next to a river closed in by giant palm trees and filled with extremely soft banana tree leaves laid across the ground. When I first walked in I felt a huge brush of the freshest air I have ever inhaled. It was like going into a room that was pumping pure oxygen. Once inside I laid down on the leaves and all my stress caused by the rampaging dinosaurs disappeared. Now I was laying on soft leaves listening to the wind blow while peering through the holes between tree trunks watching the setting sun pierce through. This all while Oprah was continuing to build the shelter/watching out for dinosaurs

Did no one else laugh at this?
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
The one where I was married to the girl I'd been in love with for four years
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by mustaine42
Did no one else laugh at this?
I didn't see it at first

Quote by flanders_91
For me it would be the few I've been having here and there where me and the girl I've been into for a while now start to get really close to being in a relationship. no sex involved at all, just being with her and being happy.

It can happen if you try to make it happen, so try to do that if you can :/
Quote by Zoot Allures
It can happen if you try to make it happen, so try to do that if you can :/

right now she's about 2 hours from me. not sure how to make anything happen long distance.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
right now she's about 2 hours from me. not sure how to make anything happen long distance.

2 hours? My girlfriend is several thousand miles away, if you think 2 hours is a problem then you're nuts. 2 hours is nothing. If you're gonna let a 2 hour travel time stop you having a relationship then all i can say is you're not trying hard enough. Sounds like i'm being harsh but it's true. You can easily make that work.

Honestly man, you don't know how lucky you are in some ways ._. , make it happen. Although obviously this depends on how you both feel, if you're both honestly commited then you'll be perfectly fine. Could easily visit for the weekends and such , that's not uncommon in very close distance relationships even...
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jul 5, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
2 hours? My girlfriend is several thousand miles away, if you think 2 hours is a problem then you're nuts. 2 hours is nothing. If you're gonna let a 2 hour travel time stop you having a relationship then all i can say is you're not trying hard enough. Sounds like i'm being harsh but it's true. You can easily make that work.

were you probably already in a relationship before the distance apart?

what am i suppose to do? show up on her doorstep like "hey you wanna go hang out and do 'blah blah blah'?"
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
were you probably already in a relationship before the distance apart?

what am i suppose to do? show up on her doorstep like "hey you wanna go hang out and do 'blah blah blah'?"

Unfortunatly i wasn't. But, if you speak with her online on instant messages on skype or msn or facebook or whatever then you should discuss all of it with her there. Like i say if you're both commited then you'll be fine, but obviously you gotta find out how she feels, then i guess its up to you. Ask her if she wants to meet up sometime, and if you have a good idea that you think she's interested in you then she will won't she? Obviously you'll need to be communicating a lot.
The one with the blond chick was pretty good. Wish she was real so we could get married. The one with the money was really good. I wish it was real so I could be retardedly rich.

Yeah good dreams
Specifically, one where I could teleport simply by concentrating on my hands. That would be cool.
Quote by Colgate Total

Isildor is the biggest asshole to walk the (middle) earth. Selfish bastard.

OT: Whenever I dream that my girlfriend and I are together doing random fun stuff. Or sex. Long distance hurts, man.
I forgot how to play guitar. Q_Q
I've always had dreams of flying around like in Dragonball Z, and subsequently having sex whilst flying.

Awwww yeah.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Jako215
The one with the blond chick was pretty good. Wish she was real so we could get married. The one with the money was really good. I wish it was real so I could be retardedly rich.

Yeah good dreams
This thread is borderline depressing

I haven't had many dreams lately, but I wouldn't mind the dream where my hair was french fries, though.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I had a dream where I pulled someones eye out, and held it by the optic nerve, to use it like nunchuks, then I beat him to death with his own eye
Last edited by DaveM666 at Jul 5, 2011,
Quote by DaveM666
I had a dream where I pulled someones eye out, and held it by the optic nerve, to use it like nunchuks, then I beat him to death with his own eye

Should write a song about it and call it 'Optomoterrorist'
Page 1 of 2