My rhythm guitarist has a dual rec and no matter what his tone sounds like shit. This is a three channel dual rec BTW. His tone settings, well the ones i use to make him sound good are treble at 3 o clock (i know it seems high, i never put treble past 2 o clock), bass at about 10-11 o'clock, mids about the same, presence at about 9 o clock or 12, then the gain at 3 o clock, this is channel two on the modern setting, and bold and SS rec were on. Now we've tried everything to make it sound tight and defined, turning the mids past 12 o clock makes it really muddy, treble to low makes it unclear etc. also tried vintage and channel three. I've always been into the no pedals thing and natural distortion but it seems like this amp may need a boost, all the bands we play with have a much tighter sound and guess what they use :p So for the moment i need some suggestions as for eq/channel settings to make it sound better and some overdrive pedals we can try out to tighten the sound of his amp up in the future. He has a studio, decent guitar but the pickups sound really nice. And don't judge for having the mids lower, it's just what sounds good on that channel, i have my mids on freaking 8 :p
well one no settings thread. and two turn down the bass?

if turning up the mids is making it more muddy something is really really wrong.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
well one no settings thread. and two turn down the bass?

if turning up the mids is making it more muddy something is really really wrong.

any lower and the bass sounds like fizz
Quote by hiwaychild1
CLICK HERE FOR A GRAND PRIZE!

What is whaT?

WhAT ITS HAPPENING TO MY WOGLRLD?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
ive heard channel 2 is more lead oriented while channel 3 is generall the choice channel for rhythm.

try adjusting the treble to taste first then mids then bass last. keep the presence pretty low too, that causes fizziness in my experience.
I always tweak mids before anything else on an amp. Set everything to noon, but turn the gain DOWN. If your tone isn't aggressive at lower gain settings, then more gain won't make it aggressive.

Turn mids up a bit until you get the right kind of punch that you're looking for. Then tweak the bass as mentioned above by Fingerboy.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores