Hi, im a beginner but progressing to a point where my really cheap strat is getting on my nerves.

I really like the sound of the sh8 invader pickup, would buying one and putting it into an epiphone les paul juniour be good?

I know the junior is probably at the same level as my current guitar but would changing the pick up to something really nice be what im looking for? or should i just go and pay more for a slightly better mid range guitar like a g410 epiphone?

I play a lot of punk and rock if this helps.
Man, I would say just get a bit more cash and buy a decent Epiphone rather than getting a different piece of shit to replace the one you have now LOL.
Quote by Legynd
Man, I would say just get a bit more cash and buy a decent Epiphone rather than getting a different piece of shit to replace the one you have now LOL.

This person speaks the TR00TH.
It's pointless, even if you upgrade the pickups to invaders, it's still gonna be a piece of shit.
Unless you need a short scale, why don't you just put the Invader in your Strat? I put my HB-108 Detonator in my Squier when I took it out of my Schecter to replace it with the real SH-8. And I got a Jazz in the neck. That and some other mods & now I play the Squier Strat more than any of my other 5 guitars, even though it's still by far the cheapest, even modded. The most important mod was the pro setup (shimmed the neck). Next was the locking tuners. Now it plays as good as my MIA Strat. but sounds better since it's HH instead of SSS like the real Fender. The main complaint is it only has 21 frets; but that's only an issue for some songs, and the 24 fret floyd rose guitars do fine for that, as do both of the real Fenders.

Check it out:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149482

BTW, if you like short scales, Fender's short scales are even shorter than Gibsons'/Epiphones'?(24" on the Mustang, and others)
Last edited by jetwash69 at Jul 5, 2011,
I've actually played a few Epiphone Juniors that weren't that bad and played better than some standards.

That being said don't risk it save up and buy a decent Epiphone. Otherwise you'll be here again next year asking "which guitar?" because you got another beginner guitar.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz