So i'm learning my fav solo of all time (While my guitar gently weeps) and while i have it up to speed, i notice that well, it sounds kinda bad xD

There's unwanted noise from when i do the bends and the hammer ons and stuff and it just sounds really annoying. I know i have terrible string muting skills, but the noise is more "sethoscopy" than accidentally hitting strings.

Thnaks a ton guys
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
what amp? and what kind of guitar? with or without distortion?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
i've noticed some guitars with tremolos give a "percussive" sound when you tap their body (or neck). it basically comes down to the springs being picked up. if this is the case, tap on your neck/body to see if thats a similar sound.

i honestly doubt its this, but that sound drove me insane on an ibanez with a poorly installed tremolo
Quote by User_Name336
i've noticed some guitars with tremolos give a "percussive" sound when you tap their body (or neck). it basically comes down to the springs being picked up. if this is the case, tap on your neck/body to see if thats a similar sound.

i honestly doubt its this, but that sound drove me insane on an ibanez with a poorly installed tremolo

That's almost always caused by spring vibration. You can put foam or tie something on the springs to help prevent that, and I think they make "noiseless" springs but I don't know how well they actually work.