Hi
I just got a new Cort M600 guitar which I played at my friend's and liked a lot - everything played very smooth, felt high quality and sound great.
When I just got it in the store before I paid everything was buzzing. Then the guy in the store adjusted the truss rod and and buzzes disappeared completely.
BUT.............. I played it without a pick to check for buzzes.
When I got home, I played it with my Jazz III pick... and it buzzes like hell. The buzz is stronger than the sound.
The 4-6 strings buzz all the way from the first fret to the very last fret!!!! The third string buzz either but not like them. The first and the second strings do not have any buzz whatsoever.
I don't think it has something to do with the truss rod because it buzzes all the way in every single fret, and if I press down the first and the last frets there's a relief of almost 1mm in the 12 fret.
I don't think it has something to do with the action as well! The action is high already, I don't know if I measure right but the distance between the last fret itself and the 1/6 string is about 2.5mm which is obviously high (above 6/64" !!!!)
The buzz is clearly a fret buzz and not something vibrating in the guitar.

When I first post this I wrote here that the buzz comes from the bridge but I raised a bit the tailpiece and now the bridge buzz is gone, but it wasn't the problem in the first place... it still buzzes everywhere but the buzz comes from the frets !!!!!
Please help me guys!!
Last edited by gnr_tb at Jul 5, 2011,
Honestly, a problem right out of the gate like that would be enough for me to bring it back. :\
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Frets probably need filing, let the store do it for you. Complain and ask them to do it for free.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
I wish I could get a refund but I don't live in the US, no one will allow this here
And fret filling in a new guitar?? Really??? I don't think that all the frets are f***ed up in a new guitar, especially one that I read online that it has no buzzing at all!!
Quote by gnr_tb
I wish I could get a refund but I don't live in the US, no one will allow this here
And fret filling in a new guitar?? Really??? I don't think that all the frets are f***ed up in a new guitar, especially one that I read online that it has no buzzing at all!!

That's lame as.

Maybe take it to a different shop and have someone else look at it? Sounds like the guy fixed it up just well enough to make a sale.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Quote by FirstDegree
That's lame as.

Maybe take it to a different shop and have someone else look at it? Sounds like the guy fixed it up just well enough to make a sale.

Yeah no wonder why he didn't bother to give me a pick to try it with. Sadly I didn't think it might buzz when I pick normally. God I hope there's a simple way to fix this !!!!
Take it back to the shop and fucking complain like all hell.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
I managed to get a refund.
What a store of noobs.
The guy who works with guitars says every guitar should buzz like that in all the frets in every string and even his fender buzzes like that. Then he takes some kind of crap Epiphone from the display - it sits there for at least a year and no one ever set it up or something and show me that this guitar buzzes too. Then I take another guitar and show him it doesn't buzz and he still argues that every guitar should do that and it doesn't matter if it buzzes like hell when it's unplugged. Then the manager comes and he doesn't even play guitar!!!! And tells me that I "hear the vibration of the string and this is the way nature works".
Even my 4YO 200$ Ibanez Gio (GRX40) don't buzz 1/10 the way that guitar did with lower action. After that the manager proudly announces "we'll sell it to someone else who doesn't look at these things and he'll be happy".
I'm sure glad I got a refund and I'll never see that piece of **** again.
Sometimes a consequence of a really low action is fret buzz. Those who like or need the really low action will put up with fret buzz as long as it doesn't affect the sound through the amp. Sustain will suffer, though.

That being said, it sounds like the guitar you had really needed a true professional to look at it. You seem to know a bit about setup, so why don't you go further and learn the nitty-gritty of it so you will be able to pinpoint specifics of a problem? It's not hard, and unless you get heavy handed with the truss rod, it's hard to do anything that isn't reversible.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
Sometimes a consequence of a really low action is fret buzz. Those who like or need the really low action will put up with fret buzz as long as it doesn't affect the sound through the amp. Sustain will suffer, though.

That being said, it sounds like the guitar you had really needed a true professional to look at it. You seem to know a bit about setup, so why don't you go further and learn the nitty-gritty of it so you will be able to pinpoint specifics of a problem? It's not hard, and unless you get heavy handed with the truss rod, it's hard to do anything that isn't reversible.

Thanks for the response but look at the massage above you haha.
The action in the 22 fret was 6/64" and everything was buzzing, the buzzing was louder than the notes. And it wasn't playable already in that action, and that guitar was meant to be for everything including shreds...
Oh and its truss rod was totally stuck O.O
Quote by gnr_tb
Oh and its truss rod was totally stuck O.O

Yikes! Good thing you managed to return it. Sounds maybe like a previous customer messed it up, then returned it. Either that or they had a totally unskilled employee attempt a setup.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1