Page 1 of 3
Any well known guitarists that are actually pretty good but aren't famed for it?

I was just listening to Funeral for a Friend and the guitarists in that band have written some pretty crazy riffs between them. Roses for the Dead, All The Rage, Bullet Theory etc. Also, Ray Toro from MCR is a pretty decent guitarist. His solos always seem really well thought out and it's not a solo just for the sake of having a solo. Shame the band went so downhill after Three Cheers...
Greg from Zebrahead

Dave brownsound from the brownsound brigade

oh yeah kurt cobain from nirvana hahaha.....
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Dave Baksh (ex Sum 41) Very underrated.
John Mayer, gets a lot of praise from teenie girls and therefore is overlooked, but after watching him live I've come to conclude he's actually amazing.
Johnny Marr
Tom Verlaine
Mick Jones
Johnny Thunders
Jonny Greenwood
Mike Waldean
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jul 5, 2011,
hahahahahha this thread.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by SG_dave
I thought that about Kris Coombes before TS.
When you learn roses for the dead yourself and realise just how much skill it takes to play cleanly and as fast as he does live, as well as the musical ability to write it in the first place.

Yeah. There's lots of changes in speed. It feels half as fast as it actually is. Sometimes you're playing at around 102 beats per minute and it's pretty easy then it goes to 204 bpm. The outro riff is cool too. And playing the intro in time is a bitch to get down cuz of it being a polyrhythm and all that.
Ian D'Sa is also underrated I feel, taking in account that he actually plays rhytm and lead parts through eachother. It's pretty hard to play, technically seen.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
James Dean Bradfield from the Manic Street Preachers.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Chris Shiflett of Foo Fighters.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Devin Townsend is amazing
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Quote by metacarpi

yeeeaah! MSP are really awesome! and Bradfield is very good. i've seen them live and they play great!
Quote by MatthiasSch
yeeeaah! MSP are really awesome! and Bradfield is very good. i've seen them live and they play great!

I've seen them a few times, and he's constantly impressed me.

The Holy Bible is a fantastic album.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Johnny Marr, the man makes one guitar sound like two or more.
Jamie Cook from Arctic Monkeys, they have some sexy riffs.
Simon Neil from Biffy, weird chords that still seem to sound beastly.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by metacarpi

Definetly this
Ben Kenney from Incubus is a one-man band himself. Pretty awesome in my opinion.
I've heard Patrick the starfish can rock out a tune when needed...
Ron Thal. I'm sure many people on here are familiar with him, but I've never seen him mentioned anywhere on these forums.
MATTERHORN
Joe Trohman (sp?) from Fallout Boy and Billy Corgan.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Rusty Cooley, im serious.
It sems that people know his name, heard stories about his ability to sgred but never actually listened to any of his creations (Outworld, to those who are interested)
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Larry LaLonde of Primus. Seriously an incredible guitarist, but he gets overshadowed by one of the greatest bass players on the planet.
Quote by BenRaah
that's no secret

It is a little bit.

I mean, not really, but if you've only listened to his solo stuff it's surprising to hear him actually really shred. Good thing he hates doing it, because I can tire of hearing it.
Quote by blankoff
Holy hell! Is that really him???

Have you ever listened to Dope Nose by Weezer? Rivers is a pretty damn good guitarist.

On topic: Nick Valensi from The Strokes has some pretty damn good solos and riffs.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Last edited by RampagingAcorn at Jul 5, 2011,
Jimi Hendrix. He's this really underground guitarist from the 60s, no one's ever of him.
RIP Adam
Quote by ShadesOfNight

John Mayer, gets a lot of praise from teenie girls and therefore is overlooked, but after watching him live I've come to conclude he's actually amazing.

This
Mick Thomson.

Dave Brownsound.

Adam and Joel from KSE.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Paul Gilbert.

lololol.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

inb4 malcom young from ac/dc "because he only plays rhythm but he's so rock solid!" and prince; most over rated 'under rated' guitarists ever.
Page 1 of 3