Hi all in the GT! I feel like this is going to be my main home for the coming months

I've hit a wall in my playing. My hands aren't able to keep up with what I'm hearing in my head and it's severely limiting, well, everything (there's more to it than that, but that's the other big thing). My improvs, my compositions, and just learning songs. I talked to a friend of mine and he recommended (in this order), Frank Gambale's Chop Builder and then Petrucci's Rock Discipline. I'm going to work through these things and with any luck come out a monster player!

Are there any more videos or books or anything I need to look at to help improve my playing technique-wise?
hate to be that guy, but practice, use a metronome and slowly build speed etc etc.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Are there any more videos or books or anything I need to look at to help improve my playing technique-wise?

Don't bother with Rock Discipline if you already have a collection of exercises and you know how to use a metronome. There is some other good stuff in there but if you're looking for speed and know that stuff it won't help you at all.

Read the stickies, all the information you need should be there, if you still have questions then come back.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'll recommend two books, they're a little oddball but I swear they're far more helpful than the ones you just mentioned.

Forward Motion by Hal Galper
The Natural Classical Guitar

Best instructional books I've read. Plus the former's bound to be handy for Berklee.
Quote by Freepower
I'll recommend two books, they're a little oddball but I swear they're far more helpful than the ones you just mentioned.

Forward Motion by Hal Galper
The Natural Classical Guitar

Best instructional books I've read. Plus the former's bound to be handy for Berklee.

I will be looking at those!

And why's the former better for Berklee?
Quote by Freepower
Involves more jazz and reading. If I recall correctly, the author also does frequent masterclasses there.

Sweet!
I'm gonna try and buy it rather than my usual downloading... but we'll see how that works out
have you tried any of paul gilberts videos? if you look on youtube you can find the full vids. just watched intense rock. its already helped me out.