frets 13-20 all look something like this:

frets 10-12 are similar but nowhere near as bad. but frets 21-24 are fine, so any notes fretted between 10-20 on the e,b,g, and sometimes d strings buzz like hell.

I only paid 250-300 bucks for this guitar, but I really dig the way it feels... I am also super poor at the moment, so thats why this is a bit of a quandary for me.

A fret leveling would be what? like 90 bucks?
A refret would be like 150?
on a 250 dollar guitar is it really worth that? There are a few RG550s for sale locally for 200 bucks, and I definitely want the shit out of one, but it would probably need fretwork as well, so I wouldnt have saved myself anything.
I could raise the action maybe, but then I think I wont like how it plays anymore

what do you fellers think?
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Depends how low the lowest part of the fret is. If it's still pretty high at it's lowest point, just not as high as it was new, you could have all the frets levelled. Price depends on who you go to but if you get it done by someone who knows what they're doing it could cost up to $100. At least that's how much I would prepare to spend and if they come in cheaper, great.
If the frets at their lowest point are much closer to the fretboard then you'll need a refret. With a rosewood or ebony fretboard this should only cost a little more than fret levelling. If you have a maple fretboard it will cost a lot more since the finish needs to be stripped and redone.

Frankly on a $250 guitar isn't not worth bothering with.
In almost any case, it's gonna cost you at least in the neighborhood of 100 bucks, or even more, depending on who does the work for you. I can't tell you what to do, but if it were me, I would start saving for a new and better quality guitar.
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
If you have strong pliers and a fine file, you can refret it yourself with not too much difficulty. It could take a few days, but fret wire is cheaper than going to a tech. Besides, it's a 200 dollar guitar that already has messed up frets. What's the worst that could happen?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking