I've heard from numerous people that listening to music for too long makes your ears go stale and that doing something as simple taking a breather is a great way to recharge your creative batteries (I write songs y'see), so I've decided that I'm going to stop listening to music until my next gig this Sunday just to try it out (if I can even achieve that).

If it all works out well enough, I might take it further. I wont though.
Thats impossible, music is everywhere
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I can't stop tapping my feet or hands on my thighs like a drum kit, EVAR. So probably not very long if you count drums as music. I would sure miss it though.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I did a charity project for three weeks and didn't take my iPod, we didn't really get a chance to listen to music anyway, but I would've done when laying in my hammock or on a break. After about 2 weeks I really did start to miss it although I didn't think I would all that much. I definitely felt more creative after the three weeks. I know that's probably impossible when you're at home but give it a go if you can stick it out.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by ProphetToJables
Thats impossible, music is everywhere

i second this!
I listen to something every day. Literally. If I'm not listening, I'm thinking about it. Though I may try that break thing, just to see what it's like.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by Miniskirt
Silence is golden.

No wonder music can go platinum... =]
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
All of 10 seconds. At about 11 seconds I get unbelievably bored and can't take the silence anymore. :]
PSN - Boosted928
Quote by Miniskirt
Your christian rock band can never go platinum. They do have frankincense and myrrh though.

Love that episode
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Not very long. Probably for about as long as I sleep.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You ever step in a car? Rev the engine. Congratz, you just made music.

Music is unavoidable, TS...

Funny that, seeing as I don't own a car.

EDIT: Besides, 'sounds' and 'music' are two different worlds.
Last edited by Alkaline 64 at Jul 5, 2011,
I could live forever without music.

Anyone who can't needs to harden the **** up.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick

Quote by breadstick

I wish i could live forever
I feel like there is a difference between "hearing" music and "listening" to music. Of course music is everywhere but that doesn't mean I "listen" to it all the time. Most of my creative juices charging comes from actually purposefully sitting down to listen to a cd or record. But conversely, if I like what I hear, I sometimes tune in to even tv commercials and get musically buzzed from that. Sometimes I go for periods of time like days where I don't make an effort to purposefully "listen" but I'm usually tuning in.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
I could go the rest of my life without listening or playing the music I enjoy. Can't live without movies and video games though.
Quote by HGS
I could go the rest of my life without listening or playing the music I enjoy. Can't live without movies and video games though.

Quote by HGS

Can you live with watching those movies and playing those video games on mute all the time?
pinga
Quote by Alkaline 64

No they aren't music is just organised sound
Though I haven't taken a music break like you said TS, I write songs as well and since I released my album many months ago, I've done jack shit in regards to writing and recording music, apart from the experimentation here and there, but no big project. And now I feel full of creativity, and once I get out of this week long limbo of being between living situations tomorrow, I'm going to write up a storm.
Quote by HGS

You wouldn't like movies (and probably video games too) half as much if they didn't have soundtracks or background music.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by Alkaline 64

Not necessarily.

When you have a musically-inclined brain, you tend to hear rhythm in everything. Something as simple as an idling car engine can serve as a great backing rhythm to a high-energy percussion.
Quote by nincompoop
Not necessarily.

When you have a musically-inclined brain, you tend to hear rhythm in everything. Something as simple as an idling car engine can serve as a great backing rhythm to a high-energy percussion.

Though I do agree that sound and music do have their differences, this is the best post of the whole thread.
Forever probably. I mean, it's not a vital thing to live at all. I would just much prefer to have it.
As someone with two forms of synesthesia, i'd want to kill myself.

I love music, i dream about hearing a section of music if it's been like an hour of silence, my mind craves it.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.