Hey guys,

Me and my friend recently started a band together and we've got all the necessary musicians on board so that we can fully play as a band. I've been in bands before but that was all mainly punk, pop-punk and classic rock and the band I'm in now is metalcore (don't hate on me I like the technical and melodic aspect of it).

So we've had one practice so far and because of the more demanding guitar and drum parts we we're a little out of time and messy. We're all competent musicians who can hold our own when playing so I don't think the musicianship is a problem but I'm just wondering if we play together more we'll become tighter, right? It's probably a stupid question I know.

I think we weren't playing too great because apart from me and the other guitarist none of us had previously met, so do you reckon that is a key factor in it?
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by Brownerz
I think we weren't playing too great because apart from me and the other guitarist none of us had previously met, so do you reckon that is a key factor in it?

Nope.

It's because you're all beginners at playing in bands. Practice practice practice, and start out with some simpler songs.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Brownerz

Perhaps, when me and the other guitarist first started to play with our drummer, my hands were a bit shaky and such. So, playing with new people is nervous at first, but as you get to know each other you feel comfortable to play in their presence.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
I think everyone just may have had a little different influence or input into what they played. It'll morph together, but address that. Don't let them figure it out for themselves, because quite frankly, that never happens.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.