I know is seems obvious, but I honestly don't know. Also if you could include a pic that would be awesome. Thanx
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Here you go.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
THAT^^^ is exactly what I was looking for, thanx dude
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb
Quote by smb
Flats feel and sound great. Rounds don't.

^this.

also flats can go years, and years without ever needing to be changed.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by smb
Flats feel and sound great. Rounds don't.

But they aren't bright
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
But they aren't bright

Isn't that kind of the point

I personally have Rotosound 77's (45-110) on my bass and I love them... easily the brightest flats I have ever played.

I know GHS makes "bright flat" strings. I have never actually tried them so I can't really speak for them. But those may be something to check out.
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
OP, I'm not sure if your intrested or not... but there are quite a few more string options than just these two.

You can get roundwound, flatwound, halfwound, ground wound, pressure wound... then you can get coated strings such as tapewound, ect...

Here is a pretty good resource if you want to check out the diffrence between the strings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strings_(music)#Halfwound.2C_ground_wound.2C_pressure_wound
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
Quote by TheMooseKnuckle
Isn't that kind of the point

I personally have Rotosound 77's (45-110) on my bass and I love them... easily the brightest flats I have ever played.

I know GHS makes "bright flat" strings. I have never actually tried them so I can't really speak for them. But those may be something to check out.

Yeah. It's the only reason I dont use flats. That and the loss of highs.
pinga
Flatwounds are very warm thumpy strings. Hybrids are an in between, they get a warm sound with a little brightness and clarity. And roundwouds are brighter, punchier, and get a lot of sound, but it all depends on what kinda of music you use that bass for. I have different kinds of strings on different basses, and they work great for whatever I use them for.
Crackers! Crackers! But no squeezy cheese!! You've broken my secret elbow!!!
Thanx you all. That really helped
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb
Quote by bigblockelectra
Are flats more popular for recording due to their lower noise properties?

I wouldn't say so.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think