these guitars look pretty damn nice

http://www.etguitars.com/

i personally like the lightning model that they offer, but my real question is why aren't ET guitars more well known?

thoughts?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Oldmonkeys
they are just ibanez clones

now Maton.. they make awesome guitars

Yeah I got my hands on a Maton once and it was absolutely amazing, But they cost a fortune in the US if you can even find one. I think there is only 1 or 2 dealers here.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Maton's are great - both their acoustics and their electrics. Knowing of a guy that works for Maton, their quality control is so high that they don't have seconds - it passes or it's destroyed.

Cole Clarke are looking fairly interesting, although I'm more interested in the acoustics..

Anyone recall a company called Redback - had a guitar called the Longhorn that looked pretty good. I never found anyone that stocked them, though.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
ET guitars aren't well known because they are expensive ibanez rip offs, i think you would be able to tell that since you have two ibanez's lol
seems like they make pretty cheap bodies and necks. not a bad kit provider.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Maton grow on trees over here. still expensive though, but it's nice to have a well known brand that we doesn't rip us off.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
They aren't cheap ripoffs, they're actually pretty high quality guitars/parts. Definitely a lot better than MII or MIK Ibanez, they're pretty much on par with Japanese Ibanez stuff.
They aren't that well known because thats really all they do, rather than custom stuff its just Ibanez replacement parts.
Quote by pbiggie
Maton grow on trees over here. still expensive though, but it's nice to have a well known brand that we doesn't rip us off.

Literally - oddly enough.

The factory is about 12 kms from where I'm sat and I know what I want from there...
The low end maton electrics are nothing to write home about. my mate has an MS-503 i think it is which cost about $1500 new and is built pretty nicely and plays nicely but sounded like complete rubbush. He put in about $400 worth of SD pickups (59/JB combo) and now it sounds pretty nice but is still way too light to have decent sustain. I'm not really willing to spend $2000 on a guitar which imo isn't worth $2000.
Quote by joe_k
still way too light to have decent sustain.

More weight =/= more sustain.
The second longest sustaining guitar I own is the lightest. Lighter guitars are very often more resonant, which is a good thing in terms of sustain.
I was after a Mastersound - BB1200 or the Homme signature....

My housemate was a tech in the '80s for a couple of touring bands (Men at Work being one). As a result he owns a rather nice Ibanez electric and a Maton acoustic that's now 26 + years old, still has original strings on it and sound beautiful. He can't play a note.

And won't sell it.