Hi folks how are you ?

Im a bass player that doesnt own my own bass guitar ( using my friends).

Im trying to find a cheap bass that doesnt sucks.. But i dont have much cash due to im starting university this year.

I recently found this shop and the basses looks preatty sweet
http://www.guitar-warehouse.com

Also i liked this bass ( due to shape , im a fan of musicman)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Westfield-B5000-BK-Active-4-String-Bass-Guitar-Black-/300569029501?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item45fb4f6b7d

I like being 4 strings player (never player with 5-6-8) but prices are too low and i was just thinking should i buy other ones...

Whould you receommend going on extra strings ? adv , dis adv...

Note1: Im a modorate bassist , can play most stuff from RHCP and gigging

Note2: My fingers are short..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Jul 5, 2011,
Can't really go wrong with the cheaper Ibanez's and Squiers, depends on what kind of sound you want. For RHCP I'd find a bass with jazz pickups or a Precision/Jazz combo.

I got a 5 string recently and for composing music its extremely helpful, yet if you are only playing covers it has it's limitations (low B won't be used extremely often, at least with the music I play) - Don't go for a 6 string, especially 8 string, it's overboard unless you really need it, focus on a lesser amount of strings for now (like 4 or 5)
[Insert something clever here]
Look into Yammha they have cheaper basses that go pretty decently. My step dad has one (the first one he got when he learned) and it was around $150 and it plays really nice
Im currently using GRS200.. And like everyone im aware that if i buy ibanez / yamaha / squier i will pay for NAME...

Im also writing stuff... Just thinking abotuh 4 or 5 ..

slapping at 5 is hard ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^
CLICK

... I swear I don't work for them.

Kind of wish I did. I'd have made a fortune by now.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
nice bass but i really hated its color (white too)

Check my guitar-warehouse.com there some really really cool and unknow ( thats why cheap) basses

Note: 8 strings has 4 octave strings.. it doesnt have a giantic neck same neck with 4 strings.. check it out

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^
If you can, go to the music shop and try all the basses in your price range.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>