Page 1 of 2
hey guys!!

I was watching some videos on youtube about my dream amp

Someday I'd like a Diezel VH4 OR an Orange Rockerverb 100w

What about you? Which are your 2 dream amps?

PD: I realize this thread's been done before, but what's the point of bringing it back from the dead..
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
I finally (after 8 years of wanting one) got my other dream amp.

This was my first dream rig. I've had it for 7 years and it has been on many stages and on tour with me opening for Sevendust/Taproot. Served me very well..
Mesa Dual Rec (Everyone wants one, Doesn't count)
Splawn Nitro
Orange Rockerberb 100
Where's Waldo?
Quote by leavehercrying
I finally (after 8 years of wanting one) got my other dream amp.

This was my first dream rig. I've had it for 7 years and it has been on many stages and on tour with me opening for Sevendust/Taproot. Served me very well..

^ that's freakin' epic. I hate you.
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
I haven't entirely decided, but I think my dream amp is the Mesa Road King II. Secondary (if space/transportation were no issue) would probably be a Peavey XXX II ABY'd with a 6505.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Splawn Nitro w/ KT88s

Mojave Coyote
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Engle Savage Love me some Engle's
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
+1 for all the Splawn Nitro suggestions, don't hear much about them (Atleast I dont) and I really want one.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Offworld92
I haven't entirely decided, but I think my dream amp is the Mesa Road King II. Secondary (if space/transportation were no issue) would probably be a Peavey XXX II ABY'd with a 6505.

Dude my guitar center just got the peavey xxx in the used section the other day. maybe ill go pick it up? haha
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by chadreed32
+1 for all the Splawn Nitro suggestions, don't hear much about them (Atleast I dont) and I really want one.

the nitros are godly. i am very happy with my current amp setup, being my Splawn Nitro and Splawn Pro Mod, in stereo.

however if i were to choose two different amps to have in addition, it would have to be a SLO and a Diezel VH4 or maybe herbert. haven't heard enough of the diezels yet to decide for sure
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I currently own a Fender HRD, which I do love, but I'd love to add an Orange of some kind to my life. Nothing major, maybe just something in the 30W range.

I'd probably also like to get a Carvin acoustic amp.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'd like a Bogner 20th Anniversary Ecstasy + Diezel Hagen!

BTW, to RV100 fans, the RockerVerb 100 MK II at 9 o'clock in the Dirty channel (crunchy clean) in stereo with the Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet is amazing!

Quote by trashedlostfdup
the nitros are godly. i am very happy with my current amp setup, being my Splawn Nitro and Splawn Pro Mod, in stereo.

however if i were to choose two different amps to have in addition, it would have to be a SLO and a Diezel VH4 or maybe herbert. haven't heard enough of the diezels yet to decide for sure
You need both.
I could probably take an Axe FX and consider myself set

As for actual amps, A splawn, ENGL, SLO, and I suppose a Dumble just because of how highly they're revered

EDIT: ^Add a bogner to that! Actually now that I think about my dream amp is probably an Egnater MOD with all the different preamp modules. mmmm
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Last edited by JAHellraiser at Jul 6, 2011,
I would love to have either a Framus Cobra or a Diezel VH4S.

As cabs go a White Box 4x12 with 2 Eminence Commonwealth 12's and 2 Eminence Blackpowder speakers.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Custom Matamp. All white, 3d logo, bypassable EQ, all passive tone section, that sort of thing

Edit: basically this but with a few ideas of my own in there

Last edited by smb at Jul 6, 2011,
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Diezel Herbert

Though I'm falling more and more in love with the idea of an Axe FX Ultra with each clip I hear.
I came in to post the same plexi pic, pure musical orgasm.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by bluekirby7
Dude my guitar center just got the peavey xxx in the used section the other day. maybe ill go pick it up? haha

That can't be possible, I don't even think the XXX II is for sale yet.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by SupahStrat
hey guys!!

Someday I'd like a Diezel VH4 OR an Orange Rockerverb 100w

I have both
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jul 6, 2011,
LP_CL - Nice! I see you've changed the pickups in your Axis, did you just put the D-Sonic in the bridge, or have you swapped the neck pickup too? How do you like the D-Sonic in the Axis?

Quote by Offworld92

Maybe not labelled as the XXX II, but the JSX has been out for years
They're the same thing.
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by littlephil
LP_CL - Nice! I see you've changed the pickups in your Axis, did you just put the D-Sonic in the bridge, or have you swapped the neck pickup too? How do you like the D-Sonic in the Axis?

Maybe not labelled as the XXX II, but the JSX has been out for years
They're the same thing.

Yeah the neck pickup is an Air Norton. And the D-Sonic is bone crushing in that guitar. It keeps its clarity and definition thanks to the basswood body, and sounds alot fuller at the same time compared to the original pickups.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Cool. I've got a D-Sonic/Liquifire in my Charvel, and I've been thinking of putting some EMG's in the Charvel, so I might put the Dimarzio's in my Axis. I don't mind the stock pickups, but it can't hurt to try something new in there.
Believe me, It'll be an improvement.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
I have both

where exactly do you live? and around what hours are you away from your home?

hahaha just kidding

I envy you. But anyways, I'm 16 right now. I have plenty of time to save up for both
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
I pretty much have my "dream rig" right now I s'pose. Gibson Les Paul Standard straight into a Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 head and cab. It's about as hard rock/ classic rock as you're ever gunna get. However, I would never say no to an Engl Powerball II. I played one in a shop for about an hour. And holy crap. That thing is incredible. But, I can't justify a 100 watt, four channel head that costs about £1500. I don't need it at all.
Don't any of you dream of having an amp built to your spec? I mean mass produced stuff is all well and good, but in dreamland why not have something perfect built just for you?
Quote by smb
Don't any of you dream of having an amp built to your spec? I mean mass produced stuff is all well and good, but in dreamland why not have something perfect built just for you?

The feeling i got the first time i played a Herbert cranked in a studio was that it was built for me.

I mean these specs are just insane:

Output: 180 Watts
Midi controlled
Channels: 3, with second master and mid-cut up to 6 voicings
Loops: 3 - 1 parallel, 1 insert loops, 1 switchable insert loop midi in & thru / phantom - power

Equalization: gain, treble, mid, bass, volume per channel add. gain switch on Channel 2 switchable mid. cut with adjustable volume

Preamp: 3 individually voiced, all tube pre- amps. Clean, crunch, lead

Poweramp:
6-tube power amp section. Recommended: EL34BHT, 6L6GC. Pairwise mixings possible
External bias for easy biasing of 3 seperate pairs if i want them. (Currently has 2 brands of KT88s)
Last edited by leavehercrying at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Nothing touches a Marshall Plexi and a '65 Deluxe Reverb.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by smb

But, you can write down every specification you want for you custom amp, but you will not know 100% how it sounds, no one here has got the experience to know what different combinations of what will make what sound. So you can list as much as you like, but it's not gunna mean anything to anyone here unless they can see/ hear it. Therefore, it's much easier and practical to say an amp that already exists, because, as this thread has shown, people are much more familiar with that.
Quote by redandwhite12
MARSHALL PLEXI

That's a sexi plexi.

I want these two so bad:

Blackstar HT Stage 100 Head
Blackstar HTV412A Cabinet
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Offworld92

I didn't say XXX II, i only said XXX.

And they also got in a Mesa Single Rectifier
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Diezel Hagen

Green Amp with one of their 6x12 cabs.

Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
soldano slo
cornford mk50 (not sure if MK1 or MK2)
splawn quickrod

yeah so i can't count to 2.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I have my two "dream amps," (Cornford Hellcat and Cornford Carrera), but if I'm allowed 2 more, I'd quite like to have a Soldano SLO and some manner of a 100W Plexi with a master volume.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Last edited by Prophet of Page at Jul 6, 2011,
Page 1 of 2