So they came in...finally after shipping them to my old address, but I got a new/vintage (how clashing) leather guitar strap out of it! I'll begin tomorrow. Hopefully without failure and post some pics.

Quick question. The manual is pretty shitty. Does it matter which pots is used for volume and the two tones ?

I was going to use my old pickup selector on my new pickups and pickguard, should I use the same wire? If not what wire do I need? (pots to selector wire, etc.,/wire not included with pickups, or wire coming from output jack/claw) < MIM Strat
You'll be fine using the old wire if you have nothing else. You can use the old switch too if you have nothing else. And not really, unless the pots are different values. A Volume pot and a Tone pot are the same thing, except one is wired backwards compared to the other I believe.
Quote by ethan_hanus
You'll be fine using the old wire if you have nothing else. You can use the old switch too if you have nothing else. And not really, unless the pots are different values. A Volume pot and a Tone pot are the same thing, except one is wired backwards compared to the other I believe.

Sweet. I figure if it doesn't work out I have a confirmed warranty that would cover any accidental damages during install. Or I can just unsolder. I have work off tomorrow, but I'm just too tired to begin.
Quote by ethan_hanus
When I got my BKP Trilogy Suites in, I had those suckers installed in about 20 minutes in my Strat.

Love my BKP pickups, sure did friken cost enough.

I'm afraid my aching body couldn't handle it right now. I don't have any soldering experience, but I'm feeling pretty cocky. I have some friends who do if I screw the pooch.
One of the three prongs on one of the pots on the original pots is bent a soldered onto the pot is this normal?
Yeah, that would be the volume pot. The volume pot is like the central ground for everything in the guitar. So the pot is grounding itself, then a ground wire is sent from the volume pot to the bridge where it can ground through your body.