Poll: What would you change?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you change?
Food
2 2%
Mandatory Minimums
4 5%
Death Penalty
16 20%
Visitation Rights
0 0%
Treatment and Rehabilitation
9 11%
Legislation
6 7%
Discrepancy between Juvenile and Adult Courts
3 4%
Parole
1 1%
Incarcerations of Drug and Substance Abusers
30 37%
Other
11 13%
Voters: 82.
Page 1 of 2
What would you change? It is obvious our justice system isn't supposed to do what it's supposed to.

Poll will come shortly.

Your choices are not limited to the ones in the poll, its just to give you an idea.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
It's pretty damn effective, actually.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by PinoyxRockar
It is obvious our justice system isn't supposed to do what it's supposed to.

How so?
Jail every cop who discharges his weapon.

They murder people for reckless driving and get away with it, for ****s sake.
Legalize weed.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
^that too

lock up murderers for life. not let ****ers like OJ go free... ect.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Honestly, I'd just make our justice system take place in an arena and when the lawyers gave their closing arguments Obama holds his thumb to the side and moves it up or down depending on the volume of the crowds screams. If he goes thumbs up the guy is free, thumbs down he has to fight our champion, which could be a bear or a really badass guy.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by fearofthemark

Not really, it's mostly vindictive and the way it's set up leads to pretty bad recidivism rates.

I would get rid of the criminal record. What you've done in the past should not affect future sentencing, nor should it keep you from getting employment, etc. I believe that if we are able to forgive criminals once they've paid their debt to society, they won't be so eager to get back into a life of crime.

I can't even think of a single good reason why criminal records should follow people into eternity, it keeps the person from changing for the better no matter how much they want to.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 5, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
Honestly, I'd just make our justice system take place in an arena and when the lawyers gave their closing arguments Obama holds his thumb to the side and moves it up or down depending on the volume of the crowds screams. If he goes thumbs up the guy is free, thumbs down he has to fight our champion, which could be a bear or a really badass guy.

ive never seen more sense made then in this post
Well I see the death sentence as a good deterrence.
So I guess I would expand it among states and crimes.
Also make it impossible to charge non permanent non citizens for any crime as long as their associated country deals with it. Something like that.
Quote by daytripper75
How so?

Keep the innocent out and the guilty in?

EDIT: Jail, is what I meant lol.

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
I'd make it focus more on rehabilitation and less on punishment. Other than that I think the bailiffs should be alligators.

Quote by rgrockr
Not really, it's mostly vindictive and the way it's set up leads to pretty bad recidivism rates.

I would get rid of the criminal record. What you've done in the past should not affect future sentencing, nor should it keep you from getting employment, etc. I believe that if we are able to forgive criminals once they've paid their debt to society, they won't be so eager to get back into a life of crime.

I can't even think of a single good reason why criminal records should follow people into eternity, it keeps the person from changing for the better no matter how much they want to.

Don't you mean you would make criminal records private? The court certainly has a right to know about your past offenses because they may be relevant to your motive and even your sentence in future cases.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 5, 2011,
Stop locking so many people up for nonviolent drug crimes.

Also, you could elect for a trial by combat like in Game of Thrones.
Quote by StewieSwan
I'd make it focus more on rehabilitation and less on punishment.
This.

But I voted Death Penalty, because it's fucking stupid and barbaric. IMO, obviously.
Honestly, though, I agree partially with the post regarding criminal record. I think they should be accessible by the police and courts, but not by private citizens, especially employers. Without that we wouldn't have to lose money in tax cuts to try and get employers hiring former criminals.

I also think the state should partner with psychologists to reduce the rate of criminals that commit crimes after leaving prison.
Well, there's two main things that I'd want to do. I picked "Incarcerations of Drug and Substance Abusers" but I'd also want to change it so that things like THIS don't happen. Seriously, one guy scams people out of $3 billion and gets 40 months, and the other steals $100, then gives it back and turns himself in and gets 15 years? Something obviously needs to be fixed.
Get rid of mandatory sentences. Everything else is pretty damn cool, even the corrupt parts (like doubling a ticket to keep it from going to your insurance company). Oh and have guys like Edwin Hall serve in general population. That shit's worse than anything imaginable.

For those who don't know who Edwin Hall is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelsey_Smith

Not covered in the article: after his alleged offense was committed, went home and banged his wife. Classy.

EDIT: Also, have parole violations result in revocation (sending them back to jail). You can do pretty much whatever right now, since the states don't have enough money to jail the violators.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Last edited by jwd724 at Jul 5, 2011,
Punishment is ineffective and cruel. It only teaches violence and how not to get caught next time. Source? ASK A FUKKEN PSYCHOLOGIST!
Quote by blackflag49
Stop locking so many people up for nonviolent drug crimes.

I agree. Waste of taxpayer's money when they should be getting rehabilitated.

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Put everybody in jail because everybody is evil.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by metal4eva_22
Punishment is ineffective and cruel. It only teaches violence and how not to get caught next time. Source? ASK A FUKKEN PSYCHOLOGIST!

Man this'd actually be an excellent question for Love Line. I kind of wonder what Dr. Drew's take on all this would be, considering his relationship with drug users and all. Hmmmm. I might call him with this some day.
Quote by vanhailin
^that too

lock up murderers for life. not let ****ers like OJ go free... ect.

Very vague, and a very innapropriate punishment.

And O.J. is gonna be in jail for another 33 years anyway.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Goddamn it, will you people shut up about it? Yeah, it was a controversial verdict, get over it!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Easy, the existence of the U.S. Justice System and the installation of the Justice League.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Last edited by pearlJam_31490 at Jul 5, 2011,
People with a status get the exact treatment as a civilian would. I am so sick of seeing celebrities get away with shit that an everyday person would get a harsher punishment for. Ben Roethlisberger was never even taken to court for his rape allegation last year, if it were you or me you know damn well we would have gone to court for that.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Joke option
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by fearofthemark

Making Federal Judges and Supreme court Justices face far a simpler means removal from their position than currently exist.

It takes a full brown impeachment process or death to get rid of one of them.

Any Judge from a the lower court is required to face possible removal from the bench via a simple ballot referendum other means are also used on a very seldom basis.

A fairly simple method to appoint and remove Judges from bench seems to be good enough for state and local judges. The same standard should be able to work for Federal Judges.

What we have now is a gigantic production to appoint a federal Judge/ Justice and an even bigger one to get rid of them.

For what it's worth I also favor term limits for Congressmen and Senators
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Well I don't know how specifically I would do it, but it would be better if everything didn't have to be rushed. I feel like sloppy, hurried work has cost more cases than anything.

You only have one shot to convict them, so I feel like they should make sure it's properly investigated.
I would lessen the sentences for substance abuse. Other than that, the current judicial system seems to work pretty well.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
What is this "Food" option about. Do you suggest we don't feed the prisoners or that we give them better food.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Put me in charge of it entirely. Judge Supreme!
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
<= user title.

But also, remove the death penalty.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by vicarious46
Very vague, and a very innapropriate punishment.

And O.J. is gonna be in jail for another 33 years anyway.
Whats he in jail for again? If its just for stealing the football stuff that used to be his then theres no way he'll be in there for 33 years. not sure what he's in for exactly though, so dont hold me to that.

I dont disagree with the death penalty per se..I just think letting someone who committed a crime worthy of the death penalty should be in jail for life.

I voted for drugs though. Cause people are in jail for the harmless ones, and the addicts are being punished for their disease. I dont agree with it
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Bring back the powdered wigs!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I want to change their ability to put me in jail.

I want free reign god dammit.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Make the jails bigger because there are still black people out on the street.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Make the jails bigger because there are still black people out on the street.

My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2