My Jazzmaster is ****in up.
The neck single coil Pickup is fine, the bridge humbucker pickup is fine.
Toggle to the neck pickup is fine, toggle to the middle (both) is fine *(though it may only be playing neck pickup) toggle to the bridge it switches off, or loses 90% of its volume.
Some times after switching back up and down it activates the humbucker pickup, so obviously something wrong with the switch. Should I take it in or do you guys know how i can fix this by myself?
just replace the switch. sounds like the contacts have gone bad.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Do you use your neck pickup a lot? It sounds like one of your contacts are bent out of shape, look in the wiring thread and theres a section over switches that covers this.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
The guys have got it. It's an easy repair, but just as easy to replace. So see how you're feeling; either use a fine blade to bend the contacts back in the switch, or just sod it and buy a new switch.

It might be wise to re-do all the soldering when you're playing around in there. It sounds as if it could do with a freshen up...

- Richard
sometimes if you blow can compressed air into the switch hole while flicking it,
you can clean out the gunk and get the switch to work right again.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
but just for the sake of argument, a can of compressed air costs as much as a brand new switch.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by kolonelkadat
but just for the sake of argument, a can of compressed air costs as much as a brand new switch.

a lot of people have can of compressed air.
i got a can for $2 at staples in the bin next to the register.

lastly, there's no soldering, switching ordering or shipping costs.

i've bought many switches.

can compressed air is cheaper, easier, works a lot of
the time, and is also useful when cleaning other computer and laptop
equipment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011