I want to get into playing blues guitar. Can you guys direct me towards artists that have decent guitar and is playable by a beginner in blues?

All blues music is easy, the guitar is really slow. Just use bends and vibrato, thats all there is to blues guitar.
Quote by Grimnak27
All blues music is easy, the guitar is really slow. Just use bends and vibrato, thats all there is to blues guitar.

ya sure about that..being easy..does michael bloomfield..clapton..hendrix etc know about this..even robert johnson might have a few words about it being easy..

try this joe pass "so you know how to play the blues" exercise...

no bends...slurs...vibrato etc...

play the 12 bars...just using straight eighth notes..

have fun
What I recommend is that you try and steal licks from the old masters.

Guitarists like John Lee Hooker and BB King are probably a good starting point because they frequently use the same scale shapes or keys (tons on JLH's work is in the key of E), making it easier to figure out. You can also try Freddie King if you want seeing that lots of things he did were in D and a few of them aren't too hard to figure out keeping that in mind.

But yeah, all in all just listen to as many blues musicians as you can and as I said before keep stealing licks.
Quote by NosralTserrof
Look at all the stars! **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
Quote by Grimnak27

Maybe you're a troll, maybe you're an idiot. I can't be certain. Nor do I care. What matters here is that this "information" is false and should be thoroughly disregarded.

TS, bending notes and using vibrato are definitely techniques that are used and even expected from blues guitar. However, advice like this quoted shit above is tantamount to saying that a snare drum and a brush is all that you need to play jazz drums.

There's dissonance (which is especially sweet with overdrive). There are diads that can growl and wring emotion (especially when the lower note is bent during the execution, even if the bend is as little as a quarter step). You can shred when things are getting intense. You can use vibrato to let a phrase breathe for a moment. You can take a chord shape and slide it up into the chord that you should be playing from a half step behind or more. You can play a little ahead of the beat or a little behind the beat and use that locomotion to create anticipation (ahead) or longing (behind). You can and should; palm mute when necessary, pick chords apart, use alternate tunings, experiment, pay tribute to those that came before while trying to reinvent, and every single other technique that is common in other genres also has a place in the Blues because goddammit, if it weren't for the Blues that other shit wouldn't even exist.

Do everything. Feel free to slap a brush on a snare drum while you're at it...

EDIT: Check out: John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Little Walter, Son House, Savoy Brown, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, The Butterfield Blues Band, The Allman Brothers Band, The Climax Blues Band, Canned Heat, Freddie King, Son Seals, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Bob Margolin, Pinetop Perkins, Jerry Portnoi, James Cotton, Devon Allman, Tab Benoit, Johnny Winter, Robert Cray, Jason Ricci & The New Blood, Gov't Mule, Junior Mack, Little Milton, The Derek Trucks Band, The Steepwater Band, John Fucking Mayall, Walter Trout, Sonny Landreth, Ry Cooder, hell, even Little Feat.

The Blues is everywhere. Blow your nose, eat some barbeque, wipe your ass - you're bound to find it somewhere.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Jul 8, 2011,
Quote by Grimnak27

hendrix was quoted as saying (about blues) 'easy to play, hard to feel'.

think about it, idiot.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix